The best ITALIAN APPLE CAKE RECIPE ever!
Best-Ever Apple Cake
Sep 15, 2009
This delicious cake has earned its designation as "Best-Ever." You may not be able to stop with just once slice.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 30
3/4 c. chopped pecans
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
large baking apples
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1/4 c. orange juice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch removable-bottom tube pan with nonstick spray. Sprinkle pecans evenly on bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and cinnamon. Add apples and toss to combine.
- In another large bowl, mix remaining flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add eggs, oil, butter, orange juice, and vanilla extract. Beat until batter is smooth.
- Pour half of the batter (about 2 cups) into prepared pan. Top with half of apple mixture. Spoon remaining batter over apples and top with remaining apples, placing them 1/4 inch in from the tube and the border of the cake.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Run a paring knife around the sides and center of cake and turn cake out onto wire rack. Invert cake onto another rack to cool, apple side up.
Video: French Apple Cake, Super Moist and easy to make
How to Deal With a Mooching Friend
5 New Facial Cleansers Everyone Should Be Using
The Burger That Puts All Other Burgers to Shame
How to Restore Old Photographs
Spinach and Pear Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
How to Build Customer Loyalty
6 Inexpensive Home Improvements
Now Playing: The only piece of advice Anil Kapoor ever gave Harsh
Sparkling Rosé is a festive treat
Discover the Health Benefits of Beetroot
Date: 06.12.2018, 20:45 / Views: 55284