Burdock: healing properties
Ordinary burdock, or burdock can be called a popular pet and a healer. The plant has found its therapeutic use more than one thousand years ago. The prevalence and general availability of burdock made him a real source of disease treatment.
Burdock, whose medicinal properties have been used in Ancient Russia, China, America, Europe, and in many other countries, is still popular today. In Japan, burdock is generally grown as a cultivated plant, and is called "Gobo." Salads are made from its leaves, and bread and tortillas are made from root powder.
It is not surprising that people once noticed and began to use burdock for their own purposes. After all, its leaves are quite wide, and it grows almost everywhere - in the fields, in the forest or near rivers.
Herbalists from around the world use leaves, spines and burdock roots in their drugs. But burdock root has gained the most popularity, the healing properties of which are more pronounced than in other parts of the plant. A decoction of the roots of the plant is used as both external and internal remedies, ointments and tinctures.In the past, tincture of whole burdock roots, as well as extracts and extracts of the plant, were very popular and well-known. They were used mainly from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, skin, hair and musculoskeletal system. As a conditioner, burdock was used to improve the growth of scalp hair and nourish the hair follicles. At this stage of medicine, capsules from burdock preparations are more in demand.
What is the secret of popularity?
The thing is that burdock rhizomes contain a large amount of bioactive substances. Most of them have already been studied by science and medicine, which made it possible to use this plant in the pharmaceutical industry. The rest, still at the stage of study and development, to confirm the huge number of useful qualities possessed by burdock.
Burdock root, the richest polysaccharide - inulin. In some individual plants, it may contain about 50% of this substance. Burdock is also rich in minerals, salts of selenium, zinc, iron and manganese. The burdock contains a lot of potassium, magnesium, cobalt, chromium, calcium, phosphorus and copper, as well as vitamins A, P, C, E, B. Burdock contains fatty acids such as stearic, oleic, palmitic, linoleic. A small amount of burdock contains:
- essential oils,
- iridoid glycosides and many other beneficial substances.
As you can see, the content of active substances, burdock can give odds to many medicinal plants.
- The use of burdock for such various purposes, allows its most complex composition. Probably the most popular in cosmetology is the tincture of burdock root in olive, sunflower or almond oil, which is called “burdock oil”. This tool is used for baldness, hair loss or when it is poorly grown, for cosmetic purposes it can be used as a regenerating agent, by wrapping it to stimulate the active growth of the hair follicles of the head, and to strengthen the hair in general.
- A decoction of burdock rhizomes is used for the same purposes. They rinse their hair after shampooing, or rubbed into the scalp.
Burdock root, whose properties are also used in medicine, has gained a high value in the cosmetic industry, and therefore its popularity is growing every day.
- Burdock is an excellent regulator of the body's water-salt metabolism.It is able to remove deposits of various salts from the kidneys, bladder and joints. Still, burdock has diaphoretic and diuretic effects, improves the condition of the circulatory and urinary systems, and also helps to remove various harmful substances from them. One of these substances is uric acid, which adversely affects all body systems. Burdock has a small analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. This is directly manifested in diseases of rheumatism, polyarthritis, gout.
- Burdock, whose beneficial properties may also have a cleansing effect, can be used to treat skin diseases. Because of this, it contributes to the treatment of ulcers, boils, acne and allergic reactions. He has moderately antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. A distinctive ability of burdock is that, in case of skin diseases, it can be used both as an external agent and as an oral agent simultaneously, for dermatitis and itching.
- Thanks to the bitterness that is present in burdock root, it can be used to increase the appetite.The huge amount of mucous substances present in burdock root extract has a beneficial effect on the membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, which prevents many diseases and improves the condition of the digestive system. This effect makes burdock root, a powerful medicine, in the fight against stomach disorders.
- Also, the plant will help to normalize the stool, improve the functionality of the intestine.
- Recently, medical scientists have discovered that burdock extract on alcohol can show an antitumor effect. This means that burdock also has anticarcinogenic properties, which makes it possible to bring the study of the useful properties of burdock to a new level of diagnostics and pharmaceuticals.
- It is worth adding that the treatment of burdock, there are practically no contraindications. It is not addictive and side effects when applied. Burdock with confidence can be prescribed to pregnant women, old people and children. What is often done when, for the treatment of a certain disease, bioadditives from burdock are added to the treatment complex. It is also possible to use drugs burdock, and at home, but first, better consult with your doctor.
Now you have learned about the magic plant - burdock, whose medicinal properties have long been proven and put into practice for many centuries, be healthy!
How to remove rust
Making an Indian Dreamcatcher
How to upgrade a bath
How to make honey
16 unexpected ideas with hammocks and swings in the apartment