Can pregnant swim?
Doctors often advise pregnant women to swim more often, but some women are not sure that such exercise will positively affect their health and the health of the unborn child. The fact whether pregnant women can swim and whether there are contraindications to this activity will be discussed further.
Can pregnant women swim: benefits and contraindications
Objective advantages of swimming during pregnancy are:
- perfect balance of the necessary physical activity (distribution of the load on all muscle groups);
- minimal chance of injury;
- the possibility of complete relaxation and rest of the body by reducing gravity in the water;
- the possibility of psychological relief;
- the ability to reduce the load on the cardiovascular system, the most vulnerable during pregnancy;
- the ability to improve blood circulation, get rid of lymph stagnation (especially in the lower limbs and in the abdomen);
- the ability to control weight during pregnancy;
- thanks to swimming, the fetus takes the desired position in the uterus, which is especially important in late pregnancy.
You can read more about the benefits of swimming lessons for expectant mothers in an article on our website. Is it possible to bathe in pregnant women?
Contraindications to swimming during pregnancy
Before you start swimming, pregnant women should always consult a doctor, because, unfortunately, there are a number of contraindications to swimming. These include:
- risk of miscarriage;
- placenta previa;
- vaginal discharge of any nature;
- allergic to chlorinated pool water.
How to get rid of hair
How to warm the floor
Answers Kota Cheshire
What is hypotension
Making an Indian Dreamcatcher
How to become yourself