Cooking homemade oatmeal cookies
Since childhood, we all know the taste of oatmeal cookies. But today, finding the same in stores is not easy. And you do not need to look, because you can cook this cookie yourself at home. You just need to know the basic rules and some tricks.
How did the cookie appear?
Almost every dish has its own history of origin. But the appearance of oatmeal cookies is still arguing. Some believe that the Scots were the first to cook such a dish in the 17th century, as there were a lot of oats in this area.
Others believe that such cookies were taken with them on military campaigns and were eaten by soldiers of the Roman Empire. There is also an opinion that the first to try a dish in the XIV century, soldiers of France, who were treated by mercenaries from Scotland. In addition, there are stories that in New Zealand and in Australia wives of soldiers during the First World War, sent cookies to their husbands to the front.
And what about today?
Healthy oatmeal cookies, which were originally prepared from natural ingredients, are now generously flavored with sugar and wheat flour in factories.Often used various additives and flavors, which makes the dish is not very useful and even harmful. That is why it is best to make real nutritious cookies at home. By the way, it's quick and easy.
How to cook oatmeal cookies? Are there any rules or tricks? Here are some of them:
- The first and most important ingredient is oatmeal, that is, rolled oats. If you want them to be felt in the mouth, then do nothing with them. But some grind flakes into flour, which changes the consistency of the biscuits. In the traditional version is used intact hercules.
- The second ingredient is water, it is necessary for making dough. Some replace the water with milk, then the cookie is more tender and tasty.
- Many add sugar, and some do not regret it at all. Yes, the cookie is sweet, but its calorie content will be off the scale.
- Another ingredient is butter. It makes the cookies more tender and facilitates the formation of cakes, but you can’t call it a dietary one.
- Flour is also used by some, but this option is optional and is not used in the traditional recipe.
- As for cooking, everything is simple: the ingredients are mixed, the dough turns out, then the cakes are made from it, which are baked in the oven. In the end, and comes out cookies.
We offer you several recipes for oatmeal cookies.
This is the real cookie from Hercules without flour. Here is what you need to make it:
- 3 glasses of oatmeal flakes;
- ½ cup of sugar;
- 1 egg;
- 1 glass of milk;
- 50 grams of butter;
- ½ tsp soda.
- Flakes can be crushed in a blender or in a coffee grinder, but this is optional.
- Add milk and sugar, mix well.
- The oil should be soft, but not melted. Add it to the rest of the ingredients along with the egg.
- Quench the soda with boiling water, add to the dough.
- Stir the dough thoroughly to make it homogeneous.
- Form balls or cakes (as you like).
- Take a baking sheet and parchment. Paper is best soaked in oil, so that the cookie does not burn out in the end.
- Put the cakes on a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for about 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees.
You can make dietary cookies.Here is a list of ingredients:
- 1 cup of oatmeal;
- 1 cup kefir (it is better to take fat-free);
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon;
- 50 grams of raisins;
- 1 bag of vanilla;
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey (to taste).
How to cook? Everything is very simple:
- To begin with, fill the flakes with kefir and let them stand for a bit so that they feed and swell.
- In the meantime, pour raisins with boiling water to soften.
- When the oat-flakes swell (by the way, if the mass turns out to be very dense, you can add more kefir), add honey, cinnamon, vanillin and raisins. Stir well until a uniform composition is obtained.
- Form the cakes and put them on a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in the oven, heated to 170-170 degrees.
- Bon Appetit!
You can make delicious cookies with cottage cheese. Prepare the following ingredients:
- 250 grams of curd (preferably not dry, but more tender;
- ½ cup sour cream;
- 1 egg;
- 200 grams of oatmeal;
- 1 bag of vanilla;
- ½ cup of sugar.
- Pound cottage cheese with sour cream or whisk in a blender, immediately adding an egg.
- Add oatmeal, sugar and vanilla. Wash the dough with your hands so that no lumps remain.
- Form future cookies and place them on a baking sheet, and then send it to the oven, preheating it to 180 degrees, for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy, it's very tasty and useful!
Cookies with nuts, too, it turns out very tasty. List of components:
- 2 glasses of rolled oats;
- ½ cup of nuts (walnuts are best to take);
- 150 grams of sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 100 grams of butter.
- Nuts need to chop. If you want to feel their taste in the finished cookies, then just smash the nucleoli with your fingers. You can use a blender and vary the degree of grinding. Be guided by your preferences.
- Hercules can also be crushed, but this is not necessary.
- The oil should be soft, so you should get it in advance.
- Mix the oats with nuts, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat the eggs with the butter.
- Connect the dry and liquid parts, mix everything well.
- Form the cakes, put them in a baking sheet, bake at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes or a little more. Done!
This recipe will delight children, because there is a banana. And to do everything is very simple. Here's what you need:
- 2-3 bananas (it is better to take ripe, hard and unripe ones will not work);
- 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Peel and grind bananas in a blender until smooth.
- The flakes can be ground, but this is not necessary.
- Attach the flakes to the banana mass, mix thoroughly until homogeneous.
- To prevent the biscuits from burning, line the bottom of the baking sheet with parchment soaked in butter.
- Spread the formed cakes on the parchment and send everything into the oven, heated to 170 or 180 degrees, for about 15 minutes.
Cookies with apples and flour are added soft, tender and crumbly. Here is what you need to make it:
- 200 grams of oatmeal;
- 200 grams of wheat flour;
- 100-150 grams of sugar;
- 100 grams of butter;
- 2 eggs;
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder or soda;
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon;
- 2-3 apples.
- If you want to grind flakes, do it right away.
- Mix butter (not melted) with sugar and eggs.
- Mix cereal with flour and cinnamon.
- Prepare the apples. Peel them, remove the cores, cut into small cubes or grind on a blender.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour with flakes and cinnamon) with liquid (beaten eggs with sugar and butter), add apples, mix everything thoroughly.
- Form balls or cakes, put them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Done!
As you can see, at home you can cook very tasty and useful cookies from the oat-flakes.
How to make a bat
How to create a cheat
Where to complain about doctors
How to choose an ironing board
Why dream shoot
In the company or alone - the explosion of laughter can not be avoided: a collection of killer anecdotes