Delicious and airy mash without lumps
We all love the delicious and airy mashed potatoes. This is a great side dish for meat and fish dishes. But delicious mashed potatoes can be prepared from other ingredients. And how to do it right?
Making mashed potatoes is the simplest thing that can be. That's what everyone thinks. Yes, in fact, nothing complicated in this, but there are some features. Here are the basic steps for making any puree:
- It is important to choose the right vegetables. Those that have pulp (pumpkin, zucchini and so on) must be ripe and juicy. A potato is better to take crumbly, it is cooked faster and crushed much easier.
- The next stage is the preparation of vegetables. It needs to be washed and cleaned. Almost every vegetable and fruit has a peel, and even if it is thin, it is better to take it off so that you get a tender puree without extra lumps and spills.
- Then the product must be boiled. Of course, it is impossible to knead raw vegetables. Some prefer not to cook, but to steam.So too it is possible to do, but almost in any puree during preparation it is necessary to add a liquid. When cooking your own broth remains, it is better to add it than ordinary water, the taste will be brighter and more saturated. But quenching in a small amount of liquid is also possible.
- And, finally, the product must be crushed. You can do this with an ordinary tolkushka or blender. The meat grinder, which many people have, is also suitable, but it is better to process the product twice or even three so that not a single lump remains.
- Experienced housewives and gourmets add their special ingredients to the puree, which give a unique taste.
Cooking mashed potatoes
How to make a light and delicious mashed potatoes? This is the most common and popular dish, but some still have not learned how to cook it correctly. There is no definite recipe, there are many options. We offer several ways.
With the addition of milk
To prepare you will need:
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 1.5-2 cups of milk (depending on the desired thickness);
- salt to taste
Now cooking instructions:
- Peel the potatoes, wash them. Want to speed up the cooking process and simplify your task? Cut each tuber into several pieces.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan. There should be enough water to cover the vegetables.It is better to cover the pan with a lid, leaving a small gap to eliminate steam.
- Boil the potatoes until cooked. You can check this with a toothpick or fork. All vegetables should be easily pierced. But do not digest the potato, it can become tasteless.
- Drain all liquid. Do this carefully, so as not to burn yourself.
- Now start the potatoes to grind. If you find it difficult to do this, you can immediately add some milk. Important! Milk must be warmed up, it must be hot, otherwise the mashed potatoes will get a greyish shade! But you do not need to bring it to a boil. Grind everything carefully if you want to make mashed potatoes without lumps. Gradually add milk until it ends.
- At the end of the puree salt, mix everything thoroughly and crush again, whip for the last time.
- Done! Portions can be decorated with greens.
Mashed potatoes with butter
You will need:
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 50-70 grams of butter;
- salt to taste
Here's how to cook this puree:
- Peel the potatoes, wash them, move them to a saucepan with water and put them on a fire.
- Boil the potatoes until cooked.
- When all the tubers become soft (check with a fork or toothpick), drain some liquid (but only a little), do not pour it, leave it. This will allow you to adjust and control the consistency.
- Begin to grind the potatoes, gradually add the oil (it should be softened, but not melted, so beforehand get this product out of the refrigerator).
- If the mash seems thick to you, add a little drained liquid.
- Add salt. Done!
Mashed potatoes with egg
Surprisingly, mashed potatoes can be prepared with the addition of eggs, and raw. We offer you this recipe.
You will need:
- 1.5 kilograms of potatoes;
- 1 glass of milk;
- 1 chicken egg.
- Boil the potatoes, drain most of the broth.
- Crush the potatoes, add the milk.
- Now you can add an egg. You can do this in two ways: simply break the whole egg into a pan during the grinding process (it can be mixed for homogeneity) or whip up the protein until the foam is finished and at the end of the grinding, gently enter it (this will make the mashed potatoes).
From other ingredients
Tasty mashed potatoes can be made from other vegetables and fruits. Below are a few recipes.
This recipe is suitable for babies. To prepare one serving, you only need one apple.
Here's how to cook puree from apples:
- Take an apple, peel it, cut it into two halves, remove the cores.
- To puree was soft and soft, the fruit must be thermally processed. There are two options: stew the apple in a saucepan under a lid with a small amount of water or bake in the oven until soft.
- Crush the apple. This is best done with a blender, but you can use a regular (small) grater. Make sure that there are no lumps left.
To make mashed potatoes, you will need:
- 1 medium sized pumpkin;
- sugar (if the pumpkin itself is not very sweet).
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds, cut into slices.
- Put everything in a saucepan or in a saucepan, pour water so that it lightly covers the pieces.
- Cover the pan with a lid, cook the pumpkin until it becomes soft.
- Grind the vegetable in a blender.
- If desired, add sugar, mix. Done!
Yes, even celery can be mashed. Prepare the ingredients:
- 500 grams of celery root;
- 100 ml of cream;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 1 bunch of green dill;
- salt to taste
- For starters, peel the celery and cut into cubes.
- Put everything in a saucepan, pour water (it should cover celery).
- Cover the pot with a lid, put on the fire.
- Boil the celery until cooked (it should be soft).
- Fluid can be slightly drained.
- Crush celery, best blender. Add cream and vegetable oil.
- Chop the greens, add to the mashed potatoes with salt. Done!
So, little secrets for real housewives:
- To puree turned out really air, it is not enough to simply grind. It is desirable to beat a lot of blender. Then it will be appetizing, light and slightly volatile.
- It is very important to add vegetables to readiness. If they are undercooked, then lumps will certainly be present in the puree.
- Greens, seasonings and spices can be added to such a dish so that the dish has an unusual and original taste. You can use the following ingredients: garlic, mustard, dill or parsley, rosemary, thyme, and so on.
Do ferns bloom
How much is tan
How to keep roses in a vase How to keep a bouquet of roses longer
What can I eat with diabetes
Crazy american wedding do it yourself
How many calories in sushi