Going to study abroad
If you are an ambitious and purposeful person who does not intend to sit still and dream of traveling, then you will certainly be interested to learn how you can get a higher education abroad. Is it real? What does that require?
What will it give me?
Many believe that higher education today is not necessary for everyone. So, if there are connections, then you can get a prestigious job without a diploma. In fact, for most employers, it is important that employees are knowledgeable and competent in their industry.
And studying at the university is just aimed at giving a person knowledge, focused on the modern development of a particular field of activity. That is why education is so valued, and if it is received abroad, it gives a number of advantages.
So, what will education give you abroad?
- Great experience. Principles of study are fundamentally different from those that exist in domestic universities. Abroad in the classroom will not work just "sit out."There are live discussions, many practical exercises. You will have to aim for independent work, which will allow you to understand the specifics of the activity.
- Knowledge of the language. It is clear that having studied in a foreign country for several years, in any case, you will learn a language or at least get basic language skills. And this is very, very much appreciated today.
- A foreign diploma is quoted not only abroad, but also in your home country. So be sure that if there is a choice between you and a candidate who has a diploma of graduation from a national university, they will choose you.
- Communication skills and interaction with people. If you have never been abroad, you probably don’t know about the differences in mentality and culture of people from different countries. And after studying in a foreign university, you can fully experience it for yourself. And this experience is important, as it will teach you to interact with different people and to do it successfully and fruitfully.
- It is also incredibly interesting! In your free time, walk around the city.
- You can not only assess your strengths and abilities, but also develop them.
- You will have many new friends from almost all over the world!
Features of higher education abroad
It should be understood that studying abroad is different from studying in your own country. First, there is another training program. Secondly, do not forget that no one will specifically teach your language, and this creates certain difficulties. Thirdly, foreign students are treated differently than students from the same country. But let us dwell on each moment in more detail.
- Start with the training program. Today, most countries use the Anglo-Saxon model. It involves several stages of learning. When you pass the first stage (the training will last approximately 3-4 years), you will be able to become a bachelor. Then comes the second stage - the magistracy (on average, training lasts 1-2 years). And the last step will allow you to become a doctor of science (the study period can vary from 3 to 4 years). But everything can differ depending on the chosen educational institution and specialty.
- Almost in all foreign universities there is such an element of accounting academic load as “loans” (they can be called “units” or “points”). Each field of study (i.e. a set of subjects) has its own degree of accreditation. But the student himself chooses the items that he needs.To get this or that degree, you need to earn a certain amount of "credits". Such a flexible system allows you to transfer from one institution to another.
- In addition to universities in foreign countries, there are also so-called "university colleges", specialized higher education institutions (for example, business schools or economics, technology colleges, and so on) and much more. But the differences between such universities are gradually eroding, so do not rush into the sought-after university. In college, you will be able to give the same knowledge, and it will be easier to enter there. In this case, the diploma will be no less in demand.
- Features of receipt will depend on the available base. So, if a person has already graduated from a national university and has a bachelor's degree, then it will be somewhat easier for him. But on admission after school you will need to complete training courses.
What is needed for this?
So, what to do in a foreign university? Everything in order.
- For a start, it is worth deciding on a country and a specific educational institution. We need to approach this issue very seriously and responsibly. Forget about your desires and preferences (for example, about the dream of living in France), evaluate the situation soberly. Learn about the features of the country.How to choose an educational institution? It's not so easy, you'll have to learn about almost all available universities and colleges. Find out if you can get a free education at the institution.
- Choose a specialty. If you have not yet decided on the direction of training, then you need to do it as soon as possible. What to consider? First of all, the demand for a particular profession. So, today such spheres as management, business, marketing, advertising are developing and flourishing. But, after graduating, for example, an art school or having a specialty in sociology, you will be more difficult.
- Then you need to decide on the program and the timing of training. Here everything will depend on the existing database. So, if you do after school, then you will need to take preparation courses for training in a particular institution. They can work both at the university itself and at the language school. For example, the Foundation’s training program is popular today, which allows not only to learn the language of a country, but also to adapt existing knowledge in certain subjects (they will depend on the chosen specialty) to the features of the country and the university.Some universities also need to complete other courses (“A-Level”) for two years. In addition, you need to pass one of the language tests. If you already have a bachelor's degree, then it will be easier for you, but you still need preparation. Also there is an opportunity to transfer to a foreign university from the domestic one, but for this you need to have excellent academic performance and demonstrate your abilities.
- Preparation of documents. Immediately it should be noted that this may take a lot of time (six months or even a year). Find out in the selected university what you need. After collecting all the documents, you will need to translate them into the language of the country to which you are going.
Where to live while studying? There are several options:
- The hostel provided by the university. This is a great option that does not require extra costs.
- In the host family. There are families who are ready to welcome foreign students. This is also a good option, but for some it is inconvenient to embarrass strangers and it is uncomfortable to live in a strange house.
- If you have a material opportunity, try to rent a room or apartment. To save money, you can cooperate with someone by renting a room for two or three.
Talented people are always encouraged.So, some organizations provide special grants that allow you to pay for part of the training or everything completely. Find out in advance about everything and remember that grants do not give just like that.
A scholarship will also help. If you study well, you will be paid for it. It should be noted that scholarships in foreign universities are not at all the same as in the domestic ones, so it's worth trying and showing oneself.
Good luck to you!
What is included in MOT
How to use the tablet
Sheflera: home care
How to become huge
How to throw the ball
What is de facto