How to choose a cooler?
Regardless of your computer, the central processor, which is located in its depths, must necessarily be cooled qualitatively. This is necessary so that it does not overheat during games and computer work. Nowadays existing cooling systems are passive (silent) and active, which are equipped with a fan. Among the diverse selection of products there are coolers of various shapes that use heat pipes, they have different efficiency and price. Let's figure out how to choose a cooler that is right for you.
What is the cooler for?
Simply put, a computer processor consists of a large number of small electrical conductors that need energy. The energy from the conductor does not disappear - it passes from electrical energy into thermal energy. If we take into account that there are more than half a billion transistors in our processor, the need for cooling the processor disappears by itself: there is enough heat from them to warm a small room. The processor will not be able to dissipate this amount of energy by itself: a small area and materials are not appropriate.Therefore, with each crystal, the manufacturer delivers some simple cooler. When working at standard frequencies, also at normal temperature, it is quite enough, but in extreme situations (long warming, hot summer) it is better to find a more powerful model.
Of course, with the usual cooler supplied, the processor does not heat up to a critical temperature. But nevertheless, it is fairly consistently high, and because of this, chemical processes that continuously occur in a crystal are accelerated. This may cause the processor to fail faster or slower. Even in a room with an air conditioner, the temperature of a crystal of a standard cooler can rise to 60 degrees. Do not forget that the case still has disk drives, hard drives, video cards, and accordingly, the air can warm up even higher, and the higher the temperature, the more difficult our cooler has. In addition, the "hotter" the surrounding air, the greater the performance drops.
How to choose a cooler for the processor: parameters
- The base of the cooler. Only in the simplest and outdated models of coolers, the radiator and the base constitute a single whole.As a rule, developers separate the base and the main cooling section. This is necessary in order to increase the efficiency of heat transfer from the lid of the processor to the base. In most cases, the fins of the radiators are made of lightweight aluminum - an excellent material for this task. Even more effective metal is copper, but it is much more expensive. Therefore, some coolers use a copper base implanted in the rest of the radiator section. In order to transfer the heat efficiently enough, the manufacturer needs to do something else than polish the base. The specularity of the metal, the absence of irregularities, scratches increase the efficiency of work.
- The shape of the radiator. If you still doubt which cooler to choose, then you need to know the difference between the shapes of the cooler, since each has its pros and cons. Developers quite often experiment with the shape of a cooler radiator, but at the moment they have identified two effective concepts. The first is the �flower� structure of the radiator, with its radiator resembling something a flower, the fan itself rotates in the center. This design has its pros and cons.Pros: a small height of the radiator, the air flow that is created by the fan, allows you to evenly cool everything near the cooler. Disadvantages: a rather small area of dispersion, limited possibilities of its effectiveness. The second form of the radiator is called "tower". Heat pipes run off the cooler base and the radiator fins are "strung" onto these pipes. In modern models, the radiator is divided into several independent sections and each of them is supplied with a separate fan.
- Thermal paste. It is a kind of paste that is applied to the surface between the base of the cooler and the processor. Its main goal is to eliminate all the irregularities of the contacting surfaces, to remove air between them. High-quality thermal grease can reduce the temperature by 5-10 degrees. If you put a thick layer of thermal paste, then the efficiency of the cooler will be very low, and if not put at all, then the efficiency will be even lower. The best option is to squeeze a small amount of paste onto the lid of the computer's processor and gently smudge it with the thinnest layer over the entire surface of our processor.
The best manufacturers of coolers
Among the great variety of varieties, it can be difficult to decide on which cooler to choose. Regular coolers differ greatly in their efficiency, so it is better to look at the indicated supported processors or TDP parameters.
- Floston for Intel FCI1156-16S is ideal for low-power Intel processors for platforms such as the LGA 1155 and LGA 1156. The mounting of this cooler is quite simple, but the truth is, this cooler works quite loudly.
- Cooler Titan TTC-NK35TZ is compatible with many platforms. During its operation, less heating is observed, the speed is reduced to 900 rpm, which makes it almost silent. This is an important factor for those people who want to choose a cooler with a minimum level of noise.
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo guarantees a fairly decent margin of power dissipation of the cooling system. 120 mm fan regulates the speed of rotation of pi using pulse-width modulation.
The constituent elements of the computer must be chosen carefully, with particular attention paid to their characteristics. Now you know how to choose a cooler for the processor so that the computer works properly.
Fridge magnet machine
How to become yourself
How to exit Skype
Little milk what to do
Where in Moscow you can find a competent osteopath for a child
Vitamin E for the face