How to choose meat?
Meat is considered one of the main products of human nutrition due to the high content of animal protein, phosphorus, iron and vitamins. The ability to choose the right meat is extremely necessary in our lives, as spoiled meat can cause many diseases for humans (anthrax, brucellosis, smallpox, foot and mouth disease, smallpox) and fatal poisoning. So how to choose meat?
Recommendations for choosing meat
There are several criteria by which you can determine the freshness of meat. These include the appearance corresponding to a particular type of meat color, smell, features of fat and the overall structure of the meat.
Since meat is considered a product that requires a special approach, there are special rules for buyers on how to choose the right meat. So, if you are going to buy meat, then follow these tips:
- Normal meat is better to buy in the market, not in the store. Alas, but today many shops use various tricks and methods that allow them to make benign out of expired meat.In the market, you can always touch and smell fresh meat, talk to the seller, while in the supermarket you will take the sealed packaging from the shelf, the meat in which you don’t touch or smell. If you nevertheless decided to buy meat in a package, look for any leaks inside the package, which may indicate that the meat has already been thawed more than once, which means that it has deteriorated.
- Always pay attention to the color of the meat. If it is suspiciously dark, greyish, greenish, never take such meat! Fresh meat for the most part always has a pink or red color. If the fat in the meat is suspiciously pink in color, it means it was soaked in manganese solution.
- Be sure to inspect the surface of the meat. It should not have any sticky mucus, no maroon-red spots, no blood clots, no turbidity, or strange irregularities. If the juice of the meat is cloudy, the muscles are loose, and the tendons are softened and covered with mold, then such meat should not be taken. Assessment of the quality of meat in this case is achieved as follows: if you wet the meat with a napkin, and it does not leave much noticeable wet prints and heavy traces of blood, then the meat is fresher.If the edges of the meat are blurred, it means that it was soaked in vinegar.
- Always smell the meat. Any unpleasant smell (sour, putrid, musty), coming from meat, will tell first of all that it is not the first freshness. There is one way to find out the freshness of meat by smell: pierce it with a hot knife, and if the meat starts to rot, you will immediately feel a peculiar smell.
- Pay attention to fat. Usually this element can say a lot: fat should be white, dense and not have a rancid smell. The best pieces of fresh meat have "marbling" - the property when the fat is dispersed over the entire surface of the meat.
- Fresh meat is always elastic. You can check it in a simple way: if you press on the flesh of the meat, the resulting hole is smoothed, then the meat is fresh; if not, better not take it.
- Knock on frozen meat - the sound should be clear, not muffled. Usually frozen meat has a grayish bloom due to ice crystals (pink crystals speak of spoiled meat). When applying a finger to frozen meat, the melted portion should be bright red. If the color does not change, the meat has already been frozen several times, and it is better not to take it.
- Make a personal acquaintance with the butcher, make contact with him, and then he will simply advise you the best pieces of meat.
Fresh Meat Characteristics
Even if you follow all the tips, it will be nice if you know the characteristics of the freshness of different types of meat. So which meat to choose? Each type of fresh meat has its own distinctive features:
- Beef. This is usually the meat of castrated bulls and cows aged 3 months. Fresh beef has a red, whitish or creamy fatty layer. According to the structure, the meat is juicy and tender with marble inclusions, and the bones of the skeleton do not protrude to the outside. In addition, fresh beef fat crumbles, but not smeared.
- Veal. This type includes meat of dairy calves from 14 days to 2 months. This type of meat is considered a top quality product that is easily absorbed by the body. Fresh veal light pink color with white dense fat layers and gentle muscles. The fresh back of the carcass is usually marbled.
- Pork. Usually, meat is killed by pigs aged up to 8-10 months, weighing from 12 to 34 kg. Fresh pork has a pink-red color with white or cream fat.The muscles of fresh pork are soft and tender.
- Mutton. This is the meat of young sheep, which were castrated, or sheep that are not capable of reproduction, not older than 3 years. Fresh lamb has a light red color with large accumulations of white fat. The meat is tender, and the fat has a low melting point and is easily absorbed by the body. The smell of fresh lamb is always very specific, so lamb is always cooked with spices and spices.
- Bird. It includes the meat of chickens, roosters, geese, ducks, turkeys without feathers and visible damage. Fresh chicken has a white and delicate skin with a light fat and slightly moist elastic carcass. Fresh meat of geese and ducks always has a red color, and in chickens and turkeys the meat is usually pale pink in color.
- Goat meat. Fresh goat meat is usually light red in color with a full or partial absence of subcutaneous fat of white color. If the goat was not neutered, then the meat will have a specific smell, which will have to be interrupted by spices and spices.
- Horsemeat. Fresh horse meat has a strong smell, sweet taste and dark color. Horse fat, like mutton, has a low melting point and is easily absorbed by the body.
- Rabbit meatThe color of fresh rabbit meat has a light pink color and a delicate structure, developed muscles and fat deposits on withers, kidneys and groin.
What to do so that the cat does not gnaw the wires
How to play chords
How to get to Belgorod
What dreams of an empty coffin
What is the sensation
What is acceleration