How to cook catfish?
Som is the largest freshwater predator, many have probably heard about its incredible size. There are still legends among fishermen about huge catfishes, which hunt ducks and can swallow a whole bird overlooked. But such giants, of course, are very rare and the average weight of catfish, which fall on the shelves of fish stores, ranges from ten to twenty kilograms, which is also quite a lot. It is very easy to distinguish a catfish from other fish, even if you have never seen it before. He has a huge dull head with a big frog's mouth and long mustache, small eyes and skin without scales.
It is unlikely that anyone will argue about the taste of meat of catfish, it is unusually tasty, it has a lot of fat and very few bones. The long tail part of his body, also called by fishermen “ples”, is the most delicate, the most delicious part of somyatin. Balyk made from it is not inferior in quality to sturgeon. The only drawback of the catfish is the smell of mud, which is typical of some especially large specimens, but it can be easily eliminated by skillful preparation.If you do not know how to cook catfish, perhaps our tips will help you learn this. You can cook catfish in different ways: boil it, fry it, stew it, make burgers or kebabs out of it. Especially tasty catfish turns out if you bake it in the oven with potatoes and onions.
How to cook catfish in the oven
- Som is a very large fish, so they usually sell it gutted and chopped into pieces. Take a good piece of catfish weighing 1–1.5 kg, remove the skin from it, cut the ridge. Cut the fillets into chunks or large cubes, put them in a bowl and place them under cold running water for a few minutes to remove the smell of mud and remove excess blood.
- In the meantime, peel 5-6 potatoes and cut them into slices; cut one large onion into thin half rings.
- Take a large frying pan, grease it with fat or vegetable oil, put half of the potatoes in it, put a layer of onion on top, salt and pepper everything well.
- Pieces of catfish out of the water, dry them, sprinkle with pepper and salt, and put in the pan, top with the remaining onions, and then potatoes.
- Pour everything with a thin layer of good mayonnaise, sprinkle with grated cheese on top and place in a medium-heated oven. Bake until fully cooked for just under an hour.
Now that you know how to cook catfish at home in the oven, I would like to tell you what can be cooked from catfish at a holiday picnic or fishing.
Kebab from catfish
Take three or four kilograms of large catfish fillet, cut it into pieces the size of a matchbox. One kilogram of onion cut into rings. In a glass or steel saucepan, mix the onion and sour cream, squeeze out the juice of one lemon, add salt, ground white pepper, chopped parsley, a pinch of sugar and, if desired, two spoons of mayonnaise. Mix everything well, cover with a plate and leave to marinate under the yoke for a couple of hours. Fry kebabs on skewers over hot coals. And finally, two more interesting recipes how to cook fish catfish in fried and baked form.
The hard crumb of white bread to grate. Dry the glass of bread crumbs in the oven. Beat up three egg whites, while continuing to beat up, add a half cup of vegetable oil to them. Catfish fillet (500 - 700 gr.) Cut into strips, pepper it and salt. Pour some butter on the pan. Pieces of somatina roll in flour, dip in a mixture of butter and protein and breaded in bread crumbs. Put the pieces of fish on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until a beautiful toasted crust appears.
Fried catfish with tomatoes
Prepared catfish fillet cut into slices and a half centimeters thick, lightly salt each piece and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Let the fish stand for a quarter of an hour at room temperature. Breast every piece of catfish in flour mixed with pepper and salt, dip it in a beaten egg and roll it again well in flour. Fry, turning several times, in heated vegetable oil. For each piece of fried fish put half a tomato, fried in oil and sprinkled with salt and coarse pepper. Decorate with parsley leaves and serve.
How do the ovaries hurt
What is taurine?
When digging gladioli
Moved from the apartment to your house near Kiev
How to make gravy
How I acquired lumber
How to connect the stove
How to grow pine