How to crochet mittens?
Watch the video
One of the main attributes of the winter wardrobe are mittens. Of course, many people prefer gloves, but mittens add to your image the halo of childhood, so dear to each of us. Of course, you can buy ready-made mittens in the store, but if you want to wear a truly authentic and unique thing, then it makes sense to knit the mittens yourself. You can use two variants of knitting - using knitting needles and using a hook. The choice of the method is exclusively individual, and depends only on your skills and abilities. If you decide to crochet mittens, for beginners there is a whole knitting instruction. It is quite simple, and the result will pleasantly surprise you, because mittens will have a beautiful relief surface, achieved only when crocheting.
For knitting mittens it is better to use yarn of suitable colors, better than a few. Since the mittens will be winter, it is better that the yarn is made from 100% wool.Also, before crocheting mittens, you need to choose a hook. Best fit hook number 3.5.
- Thread the main color to make a ring of a loop.
- 1 row is knitted first with 3 lifting air loops, after which 11 more double crochets are knitted into the ring. Next, you need to close the circular row of connecting columns with a thread of additional color, while introducing the hook into the 3rd air lift loop.
- The 2nd row knits first with 2 lift air loops, in the first loop, by inserting a hook under the air loop, you knit a relief convex facial column, this is done with a crochet. In the second loop, knit a single crochet, while you enter the hook into the post, using the crochet of the previous row. And knit relief embossed column using nakida, introducing the hook for the same crochet the previous row.
- Repeat this process from the beginning to the end of this series. Those. In this row, you will have 24 columns, 2 lifting air loops are also counted as bollards, and you close the row of connecting bollards with a thread of the primary color, inserting a hook into the second lifting air loop.
- The 3rd row is knitted with 2 lifting air loops, then you need to knit like the second row, i.e. knit relief with a double crochet, inserting a hook under the air loop.In the next loop, you need to knit 1 double crochet column into the double crochet column of the previous row, and then knit a relief front double crochet column, inserting a hook under the same double crochet column of the previous row.
- Repeat the process from the beginning to the end of the row. Those. in this row you get 48 columns.
- Close the row of connecting posts with an additional color thread.
- The 4th row fits in with 2 lift air loops, after which it is better to knit with a “gum” pattern, alternating embossed facial and purl with double crochets, thus knitting with embossed facial double crochets into the next loop. In the next loop after this knit a concave embossed purl with a crochet.
- Repeat the process from the beginning to the end of the row, ending the row with embossed facial double crochets. Close the row of connecting posts with the thread of the primary color.
- The following rows need to be knitted without increments, similar to the fourth row, alternating a sequence of embossed columns according to the pattern.
- Close the row of connecting posts with a thread of additional color.
- Also, before you crochet mittens, you need to decide on the size and length of the future mittens.Knowing these parameters, you need to associate the number of rows you need before the start of the thumb.
In general, in order to crochet mittens, diagrams are given, usually schematic, although you can find them with an indication of the pattern.
- Next, you need to knit 2 lift air loops, and then embossed facial double crochets. In the next loop you need to knit the posts without nakida, then knit an odd number of air loops for your finger. Tie 11 aerial loops, skipping the 11th column, and knit the single crochet column into the 12th embossed front crochet stitch of the previous row. Then continue to knit according to the pattern, alternating with 33 relief columns to the end of the row, closing the row with connecting columns.
- This is how the hole for the thumb mittens.
- The last row of knits fit "stride step." If you are not really able to knit crochet mittens, video lessons can also be found everywhere, like knitting patterns.
- For knitting a finger, you need to fasten a new thread of the main color on the inner side of the thumb.
- Next, knit 2 lifting air loops and 2 untied crochets, inserting a hook so that there are no holes at the edges of the hole, and tying three loops together. After that, you need to knit 11 relief columns according to the pattern.
- On the side of the thumb hole, you need to knit 3 untied double crochets with a common vertex, then you need to knit 11 embossed columns according to the pattern.
- Wrap 3 columns with a common top and knit relief crochet columns with a crochet. Then, knit on the pattern, closing the row with connecting columns with a thread of the primary color. The following rows are knitted in the same way as the 4th row, alternating between embossed facial and backward crochets to the length of your thumb.
- The last row should be knit with cuts, i.e. knit 2 lift air loops, then knit 3 unlinked embossed columns, leaving 2 loops on each of the columns, without knitting them, tying 4 remaining loops at a time at a time.
- After that, you knit 3 unrelated relief columns and simultaneously knit 4 remaining loops at a time, similarly diminishing them to the end of the row. And at the end of a row you knit connecting columns and finish knitting.
Now you know how to crochet mittens yourself. This will allow you to create gifts for yourself, relatives and people close to you. Such creativity brings a lot of pleasure and satisfaction.We wish you good luck!
How to become a dad
How to stop lactation
How to make dimples
How to become a representative
How to buy on ebay