How to cure a cold?
A runny nose (also known as rhinitis) is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity. The cause of this inflammation may be any infection, impaired neuro-reflex mechanisms or an allergic reaction.
Depending on the etiology, doctors classify infectious rhinitis, vasomotor rhinitis and allergic rhinitis.
Now we will not describe in detail all the symptoms characteristic of each type of rhinitis, you can read about them in our article What is rhinitis. Let's talk about how to cure the most common - the usual, as people call it, “cold” runny nose, which doctors classify as acute infectious rhinitis.
How to treat a cold runny nose: tips
Many people, just feeling that they run a cold, got used to immediately flee to the pharmacy and buy "some nipple drops" there. Of course, you can also use drugs such as Naphthyzin, Nazivin, Xymelin or Sanorin to treat a cold. But you need to understand that such vasoconstrictor drugs bring only short-term relief - they do not cure a cold, but only for a few hours eliminate its manifestations.In addition, they have a lot of contraindications (in particular, they can not be taken for people suffering from hypertension or glaucoma) and cause addiction. Therefore, it is better to use for the treatment of rhinitis no less effective, but at the same time completely harmless preparations made on a plant-based basis, for example, drops of Pinosol or traditional medicine proven for centuries.
How to cure a cold with the help of folk remedies
If your runny nose has not even started yet, but you have already sneezed several times and felt a characteristic sverbezh in your nose, you should understand that the matter will not end with just a sneeze, therefore you need to do something urgently.
How to treat barely starting rhinitis
- At the first signs of acute rhinitis, drink half a glass of warm boiled water with five drops of iodine dissolved in it.
- In the evening, before you go to bed, thickly lubricate the heels with iodine, pull on thick woolen socks, and by morning you can have a runny nose.
- If you don’t want to soil your heels with iodine, then put mustard plasters on them, put them on with flannel diapers, put self-tied fleece socks on top and endure as long as you can.After one and a half to two hours (when the heels become unbearably hot), remove mustard plasters, put on cotton socks, and walk about the room for about ten minutes. After that, immediately go to bed and wrap your legs with a warm blanket - perhaps in the morning you will forget about the cold.
If nothing helped and drip from the nose in the morning, go on to the following procedures.
How to treat the developed acute rhinitis
- Take four beetroot juice four times a day into your nose - five drops in each nostril. If possible, add some natural honey to the juice.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic, put the garlic gruel into a small glass jar and bring it to your nose as often as possible and inhale the garlic vapors.
- Squeeze the juice from the leaf Kalanchoe, in half dilute the juice with boiled water and every four hours drop it in your nose (two drops in each nostril).
- Thickly lubricate the edges of the nostrils, wings and back of the nose with liquid honey and do not wash it off for a quarter of an hour. Make such honey applications in the morning and in the evening, and in a few days the cold will disappear.
- Rinse your nose with saline several times a day (a teaspoon of table salt in a glass of water)iodine-saline solution (the same amount of water and salt plus five drops of iodine) or water with the addition of calendula tincture (15 drops of pharmacy calendula tincture per cup of water).
- Place a rusk of black rye bread on a hot plate. When the cracker begins to burn and smoke slightly, inhale bread smoke with both nostrils for two or three minutes. Siberian healers argue that if you repeat this procedure three to four times during the day, a cold will take off like a hand.
- If you have a red geranium growing on your windowsill, tear off a couple of leaves, wash them and knead them with your fingers, roll the leaves into tubes and insert them into your nostrils. Keep the leaves of geranium in the nose for five minutes three or four times a day, and soon you run a cold.
- A very effective folk remedy for rhinitis, which has long been used by village doctors to treat rhinitis, is oil tincture of wild rosemary. Means it needs to be prepared in advance and have it on hand to the beginning of the winter cold. Take half a glass of vegetable oil (olive or sunflower), pour in a tablespoon of it with a hill of dry crushed ledum.Close the jar with oil and grass tightly and store it in a dark place. Insist wild rosemary for three weeks, while every day, thoroughly shake the jar. Then heal the healing oil through cheesecloth, squeeze the last drops and discard the grass. Oil poured into a vial of dark glass and refrigerate. When you have a runny nose, drip three drops of this oil into each nostril. The next day (not earlier!), Begin to drop one drop of oil into each nostril and do it three times a day. It is impossible to use this remedy for longer than a week, but, as a rule, it is not necessary, since a rhinitis should pass in three to four days.
Hair Clip Bouquet
Why fast food is bad)
How to sue
Why Acne Appears
Where is Khabarovsk
Forged furniture in the interior. Idea photo: always beautiful and noble