How to make homemade cream?
The fashion for all natural firmly in our lives. Increasingly, people are switching to tooth powders instead of pastes, are interested in the actions of oils, order soap nuts to replace powders, and choose products marked “Organic” and “BIO”. Since the market is filled with pseudonatural cosmetics, there is nothing left but to learn the craft itself. Today we will talk about how to make homemade face cream with your own hands.
Skin type determination
Before you start making the cream, determine your skin type. Carefully read the information and always remember that even oily skin can sometimes be dry, and dry - shine with oily sheen. Once you have determined your skin type, begin to pick up the oil. It is better to write the oils for your skin type on a separate sheet, so that later in case of something, replace one with another. Despite the fact that two different oils will help to suit one skin type, none of them will have the same composition and act the same. All oils are different.
The following skin types are available:
- Oily skin.Babassu oil, grape seed oil or jojoba oil may be suitable for oily skin.
- Thin and sensitive. Apricot and peach seed oils are good, almond oil is true, it can cause peeling of the skin, but this is all individually.
- Normal skin. Grapeseed oil, sesame oil and safflower oil are suitable for it.
- Dry skin. Wheat germ oil, olive oil and avocado oil will do well with nutrition and hydration. Keep in mind that most dry skin oils are comedogenic. Therefore, choose for yourself the oil that nourishes, moisturizes and does not clog pores. The action of the oils individually.
Preparation of cream: phase
When preparing a face cream, three phases are used:
- Oily. The oils may be in the cream 15-45%, depending on what kind of cream you make. 10% can be added to light emulsions, and up to 60% should be used for dry skin in oily winter creams. Everything is very individual.
- Water. Water or hydrolat in the composition of the cream can be up to 80%.
- Assets. Usually they are no more than 8%, otherwise burns, allergies or anything else unpleasant are possible.
The most important part in preparing for the preparation of the cream - the selection of assets.This occupation is more difficult than the choice of oils, because the assets, sometimes, do not combine with each other or with emulsifiers, which ultimately results in the separation of the cream into two phases. It looks, to put it mildly, not very aesthetically pleasing.
How to select assets correctly:
- Decide on an emulsifier. Pick it by the parameters that meet your needs, for example, vegetable origin or the effect of powder in the end.
- Traveling on the Internet, find and write out those assets that are not at all friendly with your emulsifier. Usually there are no more than five.
- If you have decided where you will buy the ingredients, go to the section where the assets or components for cosmetics are presented.
Now that you have determined your skin type and emulsifier, it's time to explore the assets. Do not forget that the first few times you will study the emulsifier, create different consistencies and find out how it combines with different percentages of oils in the base. Only after you have found the perfect consistency is it worth adding assets, but not before, otherwise it will turn into an empty translation of the product. When the ideal proportions of the components are determined, it's time to make a homemade face cream.
Cooking homemade cream
- Take two glass jars of the same length.
- Add components to them in the right quantity. Keep in mind that in one jar should be water or hydrolat, in the other - oil and emulsifier.
- Put the components of the future cream in a water bath.
- Monitor the temperature with a thermometer so that the emulsifier is completely dissolved. You can find information about the time of dissolution of the emulsifier.
- When the emulsifier is dissolved and the water with steel oil of the same temperature, pour the oil phase to the water one, whipping it all with a cappuccino maker.
- After you get a homogeneous mass, but still liquid, continue to interfere. It would be nice if you put a jar of future cream in cold water. As the temperature cools, the cream will thicken and become more and more white.
- When the cream becomes slightly warm, add the assets, the preservative, put it in a sterile jar and put it in the fridge.
The shelf life of such creams is 5-6 weeks.
Homemade cream recipes
After the preparation has been completed, you can start making the cream according to the recipes:
The recipe for oily skin cream (50 ml.):
- 80% water
- 15% oils
- 5% of assets
Recipe for normal skin cream (50 ml.):
- 70% water
- 25% oils
- 5% of assets
Dry skin cream recipe (50 ml):
- 60% water
- 35% oils
- 5% of assets
Do not forget to watch the instructions for assets and emulsifiers! It is in them that you can find out about how much emulsifier to put in the cream and at what moment of preparation, whether one component or another likes heat or is good about cold, as well as other information.
What is Wikipedia
What means can wash the brush after working with non-aqueous stain?
DIY Gzhel Kitchen
Moved from the apartment to your house near Kiev
What is an experiment
How to make a postcard from paper
Imitation granite masonry
How to make the original shelf in the bathroom