How to measure basal temperature?
What can basal temperature tell us? The specialist may order a woman to measure the basal temperature to determine possible irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Daily observations of the basal temperature, its fixation can help a woman calculate ovulation, determine the occurrence of pregnancy, and also give the doctor information in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. To use the basal temperature method, you need to understand how to correctly measure basal body temperature. What is needed are important process nuances and tips for using this method later in the article.
How to measure basal temperature: rules
First, get ready to measure the basal temperature for at least 3 cycles. Secondly, you should not even think about where it is better to measure the basal temperature. No "better"! Measure the basal temperature is necessary only in the rectum.Gynecologists consider the information reliable and accurate only with the rectal method of its measurement. Because the temperature in the rectum will depend on ovarian function, which is what we need. Other methods may give inaccuracies.
Detailed rules for measuring basal temperature are shown below:
- To measure your basal temperature, wake up every day at the same time. A prerequisite is the time of day - early morning (for example, at 8 o'clock).
- Getting out of bed is strictly prohibited. Prepare a thermometer from the evening so that it can be reached without rising. If a woman is used to getting up at night in the toilet, then there is nothing wrong with that, do not limit yourself. It is important not to rise just before measuring the basal temperature.
- Thermometer should be mercury. Electronic thermometer is more sensitive and may show an erroneous result. During the entire observation of the basal temperature, use the same thermometer.
- The first day of basal temperature measurement should fall on the first day of menstruation. This is the beginning of the menstrual cycle.The menstrual cycle ends when the next menstrual periods begin.
- Remember where to measure basal temperature? A mercury thermometer is placed in the rectum to a depth of about 5 cm. The duration of the basal temperature measurement should be 5 minutes.
- Recording results every day will be a must for you. In addition to temperature indicators, record any little things that could have affected the day before. It can be stress, alcohol, flight by plane, sex, physical exertion, cold, medications.
- Just in case, we remind you that the measurement of basal temperature when taking oral contraceptives is not carried out. It just doesn't make sense.
- It will be convenient for a woman to record the results in a tablet. The first column with the date, the second - what day of the menstrual cycle, the third - the basal temperature, the fourth - a detailed description of the discharge, the fifth - the notes (for example, sex, gym).
Why Acne Appears
How to distinguish a fake watch
What is a cell
How to get to the Kazan station
How is pregnancy in a dog?