How to take "Pirantel"?
"Pyrantel" is a modern drug, whose action is aimed at ridding the human body of worms, including ascaris and pinworms. It is necessary to use such medicine as prescribed by a doctor and strictly follow the instructions. It is important to consider what is used "Pirantel" during or after a meal.
Dosage "Pyrantel" for adults
Accepted "Pyrantel" in a specific dosage. It depends on the weight of an adult and the type of disease:
- enterobiasis and ascariasis - a single dose of 3 tablets or 15 ml of suspension to adults weighing up to 75 kg. If a person weighs more, then you need to drink 4 tablets or 20 ml of suspension;
- ankilostomidoz - dosage is 10 mg per 1 kg of body weight per day. Take the drug for adults is required within 3 days;
- necatoriasis - 20 mg per 1 kg of weight for 2 days.
Please note that this drug to take during pregnancy or lactation is not recommended, because its effect during this period has not yet been studied.
Dosage "Pirantel" for children
Children can be given such a drug at any time of the day. If the child is not more than 6 years old, then it is better to use the suspension:
- child aged 6 to 24 months - ½ measuring spoons of the drug;
- child from 2 to 6 years - 1 scoop of "Pirantel";
- child from 6 to 12 years old - 2 scoops of suspension or 2 tablets of 125 mg each;
- a child over 12 years old - 3 scoops of the drug or 3 tablets.
It is required to take "Pirantel" to the child only once, if he has enterobiosis and ascariasis, and for three days in a row with ankylostomidosis.
Contraindications to "Pirantel"
This drug should not be used by those who have a hypersensitivity to its components. In some cases, consuming it can lead to vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain and loss of appetite. It is important as soon as possible to consult a doctor and be examined, and also be sure to stop taking the drug.
Treat Dead Pixels
How to get to Belgorod
How to warm the floor
Can I send a document to the fax without having a fax?
What do tricks mean
How to remove Outlook