How to treat sinusitis at home?
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the maxillary sinuses, nasal mucosa. The disease is quite serious and difficult to endure, so it is important to know not only how to treat sinusitis at home, but also how to prevent it.
It is characterized by a strong nasal congestion and difficulty in breathing, as well as obstructed smell or lack of it (smells are not felt); purulent discharge (dull yellow or green snot); pain in the eyes, cheeks, cheekbones and forehead; like any inflammatory process, sinusitis can be accompanied by fever, it is talking about the presence of these symptoms and the presence of a prolonged rhinitis, which lasts longer than 5 days and its condition worsens.
Typically, sinusitis, treated with the help of a doctor with the use of drugs and special tools, if there is no opportunity to go to the doctor, you can try to cure sinusitis on their own. There are several ways to treat sinusitis at home: folk remedies or medicines.
How to treat sinusitis at home - folk remedies
- Warming up - you can warm up the sinuses with salt compresses or boiled eggs, you need to keep such “heaters” until they cool down completely. To make a salt compress, you need to sew 2 small bags of about 5 to 5 centimeters, fill them with salt and sew up, to heat the bag you need to hold in the oven. With such warming at home, make sure that the compresses are hot, but not scalding, and to treat sinusitis and burns at the same time will be even more difficult.
- Inhalation - to relieve nasal congestion, you can breathe the steam of the infusion with propolis, honey or eucalyptus. In boiling water, add half a teaspoon of alcoholic propolis tincture, honey or a few eucalyptus leaves, breathe steam over a pan with broth, cover with a towel to relieve symptoms. Such inhalations help relieve swelling and allow you to breathe through your nose.
- Drops - to remove substances with an antimicrobial effect, such as honey or aloe juice, from the inflamed area of the bacterium, you can mix them in order to have a greater effect. Bury the mixture every 3-4 hours. Also, as drops you can use vegetable oils, not essential, but cosmetic, for example sea buckthorn.
- Herbal - to relieve symptoms, you can drink herbal from hypericum, sage, lavender, eucalyptus and chamomile.
- Bath - a trip to the bath can combine heating and inhalation, especially if the steam is based on a decoction of propolis or eucalyptus.
How to treat sinusitis at home - medication
A more reliable way to treat sinusitis in the home, are drugs and drugs sold in pharmacies.
- Usually, antritis is treated with antibiotics, but these are fairly strong medicines and you cannot buy them without a prescription from a doctor, you should not use them without recommendations, as this can be dangerous. Moreover, over time, the human body becomes accustomed to antibiotics and stops responding to them, so it is not recommended to take them often and without a doctor's prescription.
- Drops and sprays are usually drops that relieve vascular edema and thereby make breathing easier: nazol, regrivine, nazivin, pinasol and many others. They can be water or oil based, in the form of a spray or drops. Doctors prefer drops, as sprays. In their opinion, they tend to overdry the nasal mucosa.
- Antihistamines - sometimes antritis occurs as a result of allergic reactions, then it is treated with drugs for allergies, such as suprastin, tavigil or claritin.
No matter how light your sinusitis is, the disease is still serious, and it is best to entrust the treatment to a doctor when it appears. The above methods will help you if you go to the doctor in the near future is not possible, as well as for the treatment of rhinitis and prevention of sinusitis.
How to cure neurosis
Leighton Meester Faces Naf Naf
When digging gladioli
What horror movie is the worst
How to treat the tonsils
How to treat wen