Trust God - Inspirational & Motivational Video
How to Trust and Rely on Jesus
Do you trust Jesus as your Saviour? This may seem like an easy question to answer when all is going well in your life, but when times get tough, can you still trust Jesus? Of course you can. It is important to know that you can. Tough times, persecution and rejection are all mentioned by Jesus as behaviour that we will experience as followers of Him. We have a Saviour who will never leave us or forsake us. It is us who most likely would turn away when times are good and feel as though we don't need a Saviour.
“Believe and confess with your mouth and you will be saved.” But, the word 'believe' means more than just believing. This word believe is the closest word for the word "pisteuo" in the Greek that the translators could find. The difference is that the word in the Greek meansto trust and rely upon. (Romans 10)
Consider this challenge:A man strung a tight rope across the Niagara Falls and printed in the local paper that he would walk across the falls with a wheelbarrow full of rocks. The day came and the crowd was big and excited about the event. The Man came out with his new wheelbarrow and asked, “How many of you believe that I can make it across the tight rope and back?” The crowd cheered loudly and said, “We believe you can do it.” The man went on his way with patience of steel, made it to the other side and back with the wheelbarrow full of rocks. The crowd thundered with cheers. The man said, “How many of you believe I can push a man or woman in my wheelbarrow across and back?” The crowd got even more excited and cheered to see him take a person across Niagara Falls and back. The man was excited about doing his last event. The man said, “If you believe, raise your hands.” The cheering crowd lifted their hands high and cheered. He started asking for volunteers among them that believed to sit in His wheelbarrow to leave the safety and security of dry ground. Not surprisingly, no one volunteered. Although many believed he could do it, no one volunteered to sit in his wheelbarrow. All the ones that believed and raised their hands said, “You are crazy. I am not getting in that wheelbarrow.” Many say they believe in Christ but few choose to get into His wheelbarrow. When Christ asks you to “Trust me. Rely on me. Submit and depend on me; will you surrender your life to Him?” “Many are called but few are chosen."
Check this, "You believe that there is one God; you do well:the devils also believe, and tremble." (James 2:19)
- Study this scripture because it shows that believing is not sufficient to get you saved. If Satan and his demons believe and understand that God exists, does that get them into Heaven with God? No, demons do not surrender their lives or their existence to His control and Lordship nor do they have a servant relationship to Him.
Verify this word use in most American English translations of the Bible.You will find that the Amplified Bible does translate the word “believe” with the true meaning of "trust and rely", but do any others?
Find the Greek to English translation of "pisteuo" in the Strong’s Concordance #4100.
Read how Merriam Webster defines these words below.
- "be•lieve \b be•lieved; be•liev•ing 1 : to have religious convictions 2 : to have a firm conviction about something : accept as true 3 : to hold as an opinion : (c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- trust n 1: assured reliance on the character, strength,€1trust \"tr or truth of someone or something 2: a basis of reliance, faith, or hope 3: confident hope 4: financial credit 5: a property interest held by one person for the benefit of another 6: a combination of firms formed by a legal agreement; esp : one that reduces competition 7: something entrusted to one to be cared for in the interest of another 8: care, custody syn confidence, dependence, faith, reliance (c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.
- re•ly ri-"l re•lied; re•ly•ing : to place faith or confidence : depend (c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Look above for synonyms of the word trust translating it toconfidence, dependence, faith, and reliancenot just mere believing that something is in existence.Having a faith, reliance and dependence that He will save me is something different than, more than, greater than just believing.
Examine how salvation is watered down; it is not mere believing that will save you.It is trust, dependence and reliance; a hanging on, persistence. The ability to trust and rely is why Jesus says we must be like little children to enter the Kingdom.
Do as kids do with their parents?They have confidence, dependence, faith, and reliance, like saying, "Feed me, clothe me, and give me what I need."
Follow Jesus the Good Shepherd, and choose to be His sheep.What do sheep do? Depend, follow, rely, trust your leader Shepherd, are you getting the picture? There is no value in just believing in God for even the demons from hell believe that Jesus saves and he is The Lord. Read James 2:19
Ponder this:God's way is narrow and few will find it. A person that believes may not enter, but he that relies, trusts, and depends will enter the Kingdom of God by the narrow gate.
- Ask God for discernment.This is why the church at large needs to get saved. "What is that?" many may ask while reading this. You might be thinking this, as well -- but,"Yes, the church at large, the person sitting in the pew or chair next to you needs to develop a life of dependence, reliance, and trust on the Lord;"He is the source of true salvation and of discipleship. Trust and determine to be obedient; it's more than just believing.
- Sit in God's wheelbarrow. This would mean to trust, rely and depend on him for your life. Is your answer "no way!". Why? It is the fear to let go of control of your life and to put it in the hands of another.
Count the cost:this is the truth -- He may cross"with someone else"in his wheelbarrow -- but not oneself. Do you see the difference? In the same way do you merely believe in Jesus or
- Trust, depend and rely in Him and put your life in His hands! Where do you sit with that statement? If you do not fully trust in Jesus, ask him right now:"Teach me to trust You!", also Psalms 73:28, 115:10-11, 91:1-16. Make this a continuing process to rely on The Lord.
QuestionHow do I get the Holy Ghost?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerRepent, be baptized on Jesus name. Simply ask him for it. It's a free gift and wonderful gift.Thanks!
QuestionIs Jesus a god too?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJesus is God, too. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit make up the Holy Trinity. They are all one entity.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I maintain my walk with God?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMeditate, study the Bible and pray.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do when I feel like my trust in Jesus is faltering?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAsk for His help. Pray a lot. Be silent after you pray and ask Him to let you hear His voice.Thanks!
QuestionHow should I trust Him when others trust Him but He still lets them get hurt?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMany people struggle with this. Remember, we live in a fallen world, sin has cracked and damaged it. Satan wants to make a Christian's life horrible. But Jesus remains faithful.Thanks!
QuestionI have faith in God and pray, but I don't know if I am doing it enough. How can I change that?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere is no specific amount of times to pray. Keep a prayer in your heart and pray verbally regularly and you should be fine.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I ask God to be with my children?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPray to Him, but do not pressure the children to join. If they don't find Christianity to be the right religion for them, you shouldn't be angry and force them. Let them choose their own path by being a guide, not an enforcer.Thanks!
- One may surrender to Him as master of yourdestinyeveryday and Find the Energy of God.
- Jesus said, "Pick up your cross daily and follow me."
- Receive the Holy Spirit as per the Bible; Jesus told his disciples and all his followers to wait on the Lord and receive the Holy Spirit. This blessing is for as many as the Lord Our God shall call (Joel).
"I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem, until you are endued with power from on high..."
- Trusting is not a one time event -- but is a part of everyday life.
- Getting the reliance, hunger and thirst after the righteousness of the Lord may seem unsure (so, pray: "Lord I do believe, but you can help my unbelief.") as it can take some people a time to be persuaded; faith is a gift of God, but you have to understand that "God's grace is sufficient." No, do not give up, but continue to trust in the Lord -- and he will give you an assurance of your answer, peace and show the right path for serving the Lord, even in weakness, one may come out stronger after settling any doubts or problems.
Video: When You Lean On God You Take The Pressure Off Yourself
Real Estate Porn: Olivia Newton-John’s Exorcised Estate and Anne Hathaway’s BrooklynDigs
Its actually possible to make an omelet in a bag
How to Use Cloves
Meghan Markle cooks for homeless with Grenfell Tower community
Oriental Science Fiction Valley is Chinas virtual reality theme park
How to Make a Paper Robin Hood Hat
How to Develop a Balanced Running Program to Complement an Already Active Lifestyle
Wellness Defined: The Ultimate Guide to Health and Happiness
20-Minute Chicken Creole
25 Best Benefits Of Turmeric (Haldi) For Skin, Hair And Health
25 Beautiful FallWinter Hairstyle Trends
How to get rid of puffy eyes in 10 minutes
Hailey Baldwin Hints That Justin Bieber Hit Her Up Amid Selena GomezRomance
Chrissy Teigen asks to pay the 100k fine facing a sexual assault victim
22 Chic Parisian-Themed Bridal Shower Ideas