HOW TO SLAY METALLIC LIPS
How to Wear Metallic Lip Color
Metallic lipstick is a bold look that's becoming increasingly popular. If you want bold lips for a party or event, you can create your own metallic shade at home. Minimize your other makeup when wearing metallic lips, as you don't want your makeup to be overpowering. You should also strive to match your lipstick with your outfit.
Applying Your Lipstick
Apply your regular foundation first.To start, you should apply your regular foundation. Dab the foundation on using a makeup brush or your fingers. From there, mix the foundation in your face using your hands, a sponge, or a makeup brush.
- If you don't normally wear foundation, you can skip this step.
Choose a color.Metallic lipsticks come in a variety of shades. Choose any color you want for your look. Think about the occasion or your clothing if you're struggling to choose a shade.
- Metallic lipstick is often meant to look very bold. If you're wearing lipstick to convey a bolder look, go for shades like gold, bright reds, and deep colors like black and violet. This gives you a dramatic look, which may be appropriate for a party or other social event.
- However, metallic lips do not always have to convey a bold, overpowering style. You can also use metallic lips for a more casual look. For example, go for milder shades of peach, pink, or other lighter shades if you want metallic lips for an every day look.
Apply your foundational liquid lipstick.You will need to start with a basic foundation before applying the metallic gleam to your lips. Choose a liquid lipstick that matches the metallic shade you're going for. Apply this lipstick to your lips as you normally would prior to applying your metallic glaze.
- If you don't have liquid liner, you can use matte lipstick. However, liquid liner generally works best as it gives off the glow associated with metallic lips.
Mix your metallic covering.You do not need to pay for fancy metallic lipstick and it can be expensive. You can blend your own metallic covering using a color pigment from a local beauty or department store and a makeup setting spray.
- Select the color pigment you want. Mix it in with a small amount of the setting spray until you have a spreadable mixture for your lips.
Apply your metallic covering.Use a lipstick brush to gently cover your lips with the metallic covering. Move over your lips slowly, using gentle swiping motions, until you've completely covered your mouth with metallic lipstick. Once you're done, you should have dramatic metallic lips to show off.
Adding Other Makeup
Choose something minimal for your eyelids.Metallic lips are often vibrant. Therefore, they should be the emphasis of your makeup. When choosing eyeshadows, apply something more neutral to avoid distracting from your lips.
- Colors like beiges, ivories, grays, and browns are great to pair with metallic eye shadow.
Add basic eyeliner and mascara.Again, you do not want to overpower your metallic lips with other colors. When applying eyeliner and mascara, stick to the basics.
- Line your upper lid with a line of eyeliner, sticking to a neutral shade like black or brown. If you want, you can create a slight cat eye by adding small wings of eyeliner to either eye.
- Choose a mascara that will make your lashes more noticeable. Apply by placing the eyeliner brush at the roots of the lashes and wiggling it upward to their ends.
Try a more vibrant eyeliner to your lower lash line waterline.You may want a slightly more dramatic look when using metallic lips. You do not want your eyes to be overpowering. However, a splash of a bright color on your lash line can make your eyes pop a little while still giving the metallic lips the most attention.
- Try using a bright color, like, turquoise, across your lower lash line. You can also apply a small amount to your water line.
- Make sure to blend the color out after applying. Dust some of the same eye shadow you used on your eyelid below your waterline. Then, use a blending brush to mix the colors together slightly. This will prevent your water line and lower lash line from looking too dramatic.
Contour with some bronzer.Light contouring is key when using metallic lips. As your lips should be the center of your look, you do not want to do a heavily contoured face. Stick to highlighting your cheekbones with small lines of bronzer.
- Add angled lines of bronzer to your cheekbones, following their natural curves. From there, circle your face and forehead in a light layer of bronzer.
- Blend the bronzer into your regular foundation. This will create a smooth, slimmed down look for your face.
Pairing Your Lips with the Right Outfit
Think about color when choosing clothes.You want your lipstick to match your clothing to some degree. The match does not have to be perfect, but something about your clothing items should match your lipstick.
- The simplest way to do this is to match your lipstick with your main outfit. For example, if you're wearing a red dress, opt for red metallic lips.
- However, you can also choose to highlight a complimentary color in your outfit. For example, if you're wearing a black dress with pink stripes, pair this with pink lipstick. If you have an accessory of a particular color, like an orange necklace, go for orange lipstick.
Pair bold colors with a feminine dress.Bolder metallic lips may pair better with a more feminine dress. Bold, dark red lips, for example, can be paired well with a classic black dress. If you opted for very bold metallic lips, choose a very feminine dress to match.
Consider floral patterns for pinker shades.Pinker shades often match well with floral patterns. Rose gold metallic lips, for example, may go great with a floral-patterned blouse or top.
- Be aware of colors as well. Try to, for example, match the pink roses in your dress with the color of your lipstick.
Video: Best and Worst Metallic Lipsticks | Gabriel Zamora
More Couples Are Bringing Toys to Bed
Everything You Need to Know About Buying a Vera Wang Wedding Dress
How to Make Sure That Your Dog Is Ok After Giving Birth
The Subcultures That Changed The Way We Dress
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Tomatoes
How to Come Out As Transgender
How to Cook Hot Dogs
60 Best Short Bob Haircuts and Hairstyles for Women
How to Make Deep Fried Eggs
How to Make an Indoor Smore
How to Make Creamy Eggnog Cake Pops
How to Configure Emergency SOS
How to Obtain a Death Certificate in Puerto Rico
The Fancy Red Carpet Label Normal People Can Afford