How to weave bast shoes?
Lapti is a very common product made of birch bark, rogozy, it was popular with the peasants a long time ago. Lapti are not on the right or left foot, they are the same, the only difference is in the construction of the sock.
How to weave bast shoes and what it takes
You will need:
- Workpiece-deck by foot size
- Harvested wet leaves of cattail lay on the table in a row. The length should be about 50-60 cm. At the same time, the outer leaves should be doubled, fit snugly to the nearby ones. A deck should be placed across the leaves so that the heel and sock protrude 1 cm.
- Next, you need to weave the leaves in the middle between them with a "string", constantly checking the original size, putting the deck. If it turned out that the canvas from the leaves squeezed, then you will need to add a few elements, but so that the extreme ones remain doubled.
- When the first "string" is ready, begin to weave the "trace" in a circle. For dual extreme elements, separate the parts and weave each component of the pair separately.
- If you are running out of sheet in the process of weaving - add a new one. You need a new and old sheets folded together by completing a couple of weaves. Outside, leave the end of the old sheet, now the weaving can be continued, later it will be possible to cut off the protruding end.
- After you have made 4 turns "rope", it is time to substitute additional leaves of the base. Do not forget to check the size of the workpiece with the deck.
- In front of the “track” there is an extension, so some rows must be shortened, according to the deck it will be seen where to start these rows. The size of the pad will almost coincide with the "track."
- When, finally, the "footprint" is made, put a pack on it, lifting all the leaves up. After that, tie the leaves-racks in a bundle.
- Weave the side rows with a “string” so that they match the height of the foot.
- Then it is necessary to block the sock with the help of shortened rows and the usual ones - made alternately. The shortened rows are made in the wide part of the sandals.
- When performing lifting and tapering, double the rack. They can be doubled in front and to the side, but not on the heel.
- Dial the height that you need by making the last unquantified row.And cut out all double pairs of racks, one of them.
- It's time to bend the edge of the "rod of three pairs of twigs."
- Three rods that will remain can be hidden in the weaving using a crochet hook.
- The ends of the racks need to cut with scissors and all the protruding ends of the leaves. Leave the product to dry.
- So you now know how to weave bast shoes. They are ready.
And now let's open a secret to you, if you want to make decorative sandals, then you can use Kraft paper, it is not difficult to find it, they make bags for dried fruits, mail, cement from it. This is great stuff for newbies. Well, now you even know how to weave bast paper out of paper, and not just from cattail. Good luck in your endeavors!
Why do we need choline
How to improve yourself
Round Eye Makeup
Knitted baby cap Kit
Ricotta - amazing cheese
Flower pot decoration
Help in choosing
Where to print