How to weave kumihimo?
Once the kumihimo was used only by the Japanese, but now they have come to the West. Now they are put on hands in the form of baubles, used as laces for sneakers, instead of straps for rastafaris, and even as football scarves with “Chelsea - champion” inscriptions, etc. We will tell you how to weave kumihimo for your personal goals.
Kumihimo (in translation - "weaving of ropes") is the weaving of braids in the form of braids. This technique came to us from Japan. During the weaving we get cords and ribbons. They can be made on special machines - Takadai and Marudai. Takadai is designed to create flat laces, and Marudai - for round. They used kumihimo samurai for functional and decorative purposes, they tied their own and horse armor. In addition, laces are tied with an obi - kimono belt. Today for weaving use the machine from flexible rigid polyfoam. It is round and can serve as portable marudeem. In the modern machine there are cuts (32 pieces), but it is less convenient than marudai, where you can use any number of threads with any thickness and texture, and a portable machine allows using no more than 16 threads.Marudaya allows you to create quadrangular, flat and hollow shoelaces.
How to weave kumihimo: hollow lace
You will need:
- Conventional Round Kumihimo Machine
- 14 thin filament threads
- 1 thick thread for knitting (it should be equal in thickness to about 14 thin threads)
- Run a thick thread inside the machine. You want to get a cord whose length is X cm; for this, take braid threads with a length of 2 * X + 20 cm. The core thread will be equal to X + 20 cm. Spare 20 cm are needed to arrange the ends of the lace (10 cm from all parties).
- You will use only half of the slots of a standard machine (16 of 32).
- Assemble the core and braid threads so that you have one harness. Depart from the edge of 10 cm and tie the bundle. You will have a tail, pass it through the central hole of the disc machine. You can hang up a small weight of 50-100 g to the sling, it will keep the threads in tension.
- Arrange the threads on the disk, leaving a small empty sector. Do not thread the central thread, during all work, leave it above the machine, do not pull the core.
- Take the first step of your weaving.Skip one of the threads in the “empty” sector.
- Turn the dial counterclockwise.
- Then the third step is similar: throw the thread to the right and slightly turn the machine counterclockwise.
- The fourth step is the same: throw and turn.
- When you reach the empty sector, take the thread from the first step from it.
- After that, do all rolls from right to left, all turns - only clockwise. Pass the thread into an empty sector, flip to the left and turn the dial clockwise
- Continue to do so until you reach the “empty” sector and take the thread from there.
- After that, repeat all previous steps, starting with the first.
- At the end of weaving, remove all threads from the machine. Untie the waist with the weights and decorate the ends of the lace. Now you know how to weave baubles kumihimo. You used 14 threads, but you can use any number of threads (the main thing is that it should be even). The scheme will be the same: from the "empty" sector, the thread is going counterclockwise, and then back clockwise.
If you want to try to weave other laces, then for a good example of weaving kumihimo, the patterns are what you need:
Try, practice and you will definitely succeed!
Congratulations on the Day of the Air Force 2016 in verse and prose, short, funny, beautiful. How to congratulate on the Day of the Air Force - original pictures and postcards
What is the honor
What to take on nature
Can I send a document to the fax without having a fax?