Applying liquid wallpaper
Preliminary work - wall preparation
Although liquid wallpaper can be glued to a rather unprepared wall, but a little preparation is still quite important. Especially when there is a layer of old wallpaper on the walls, or if it is painted with paint, whitewash and other decorative coatings. This coating should be removed to the maximum. After removal, it is desirable to process the wall with sandpaper. Large cracks and gaps to putty, small can be left. If necessary, prime with wallpaper glue or a special mixture.
Liquid wallpaper is directly applied either manually with a spatula, or using a special hopper pistol, into the container of which the prepared mass is loaded and uniformly applied to the surface under air pressure. Professional specialists use the gun, for home self-application it is recommended to use a spatula or paint roller. It should be noted that minimal experience is still necessary.If this is not the case, then start with the seats behind the furniture or other least visible.
Try to take into account the volume of the first batch, which should correspond to the selected area. If the wallpaper does not want to stick to the wall, you can add some water.
- It is advisable to have two spatulas: one wide, with which you will apply the wallpaper on the wall, and the second narrow - with it you can apply the working mixture on a wide spatula. This method is also called smoothing.
- The spatula should be kept at a small angle to the surface and try not to press the wallpaper hard, otherwise the surface will not work in relief, and the material consumption will increase significantly.
- You can start from any angle or from the middle of the surface - it does not matter.
- Each new layer is applied in the direction from the clean area of the wall to the existing layer.
- Spatula movements should be comfortable and natural for hands. It is desirable that the level of gaze corresponds to the level of application of wallpaper (it is better not to bend over, but to sit down, not to stand on socks, but to stand on a chair or a ladder).
- The layer should not be very thin, otherwise the wall will appear through.
- In order to avoid the formation of visible joints and seams on the surface of the coating, it is necessary to apply the material to the wall as a whole, from the corner to the corner without stopping on the part made. If the wall is large, the drying edge of the previous section is slightly sprayed with water - then the transitions will not be noticeable.
- After applying the wallpaper on a certain area, once again carefully inspect the resulting coating - it should not shine through, have breaks, nodules or bumps. Due to the texture of the material, all the features of the coating are clearly visible at the stage of application, so they are easy to fix if necessary.
- After covering the whole wall with the material, you should walk with the “broom knob” and smooth out with a spatula.
- If an error was noticed, then quite simply smear the area a little bit with warm water and remove the wallpaper from the wall, and then again sweep it. This procedure can be repeated 1-3 times.
- Liquid wallpaper dry for 1-3 days, it all depends on the humidity and air temperature in the room, as well as the types of wallpaper. During the drying room should be regularly ventilated.
- Three days later, if necessaryWallpaper can be covered with colorless varnish or acrylic paint.
Also easy and subsequent care for this attractive and modern finishing surface. Of course, it is not necessary to clean such a wall with brushes with stiff bristles or use strong chemicals, as well as a large amount of water. At the same time, the care of liquid wallpaper completely allows cleaning with a slightly damp cloth, which will be enough to remove most of the strong dirt.
Sometimes you have to do some kind of additional repair, in which there is a need to remove some part of the wall covering. For example, when repairing or replacing electrical wiring. In such cases, everything is not so difficult. You will need a spatula and a manual water spray.
- First of all, liquid wallpaper must be removed. At the same time, it is not necessary to throw them away, since they may be useful to you in the future. Therefore, it is best to temporarily place them in a plastic container.
- Then the necessary wall repair or new electrical wiring is carried out.
- Then proceed to the preparation of the repaired surface - apply a primer.You can use ordinary scouring glue or PVA diluted with water glue. At the same time, it is desirable to put it in two layers.
- The edges of the finish of the liquid wallpaper, which remained on the surface of the wall, must be moistened with water from a spray gun or a brush. This will improve adhesion to the new layer.
- Before applying a new layer of liquid wallpaper, it must, of course, be prepared. To do this, it is possible to use the old finish, which we initially dismantled. Dissolve in water, add the adhesive backing and mix.
How to make a bed
Stand for a cup of Field Chamomile
What you need for a wedding
What or what: how to
Who is engaged in a cargo transportation from China
Natalie Portman is faced with an anomaly in the thriller Annihilation
What is a Microsoft account?