Lorraine cake - a dish that you like
If you like interesting dishes, be sure to try making Lorraine pie. The name is unusual and incomprehensible, but even the beginning hostess will cope with the recipe.
What is this dish?
The Lorraine (aka Laurent) pie, which in France is called “Kish Loren”, refers to traditional French cuisine. His story goes to Lorraine - a place that is considered to be the birthplace of the pie.
The dish is a kind of open snack cake or pie. The base is made from chopped dough, and the filling is laid out on it, which in the classical version consists of smoked sticks of smoked bacon. Also among the ingredients there is a pouring, made from milk or cream, cheese Gruyere and eggs.
How can you make an interesting Lorraine pie? It is not as difficult as it may seem at first. And there are different recipes, two of which are discussed further in the article.
The recipe is the first
If you need an appetizing dish that everyone will like, then choose this option.
The dough is prepared from the following components:
- 200 grams of wheat flour;
- 50 g butter;
- half acres. salts;
- 3-4 Art. l. water (cold).
- 350 g of chicken fillet or breast (in principle, you can cut the flesh from the legs);
- 450 g of any mushrooms (chanterelles, champignons, oyster mushrooms);
- 250 grams of broccoli (optionally replaced by color);
- small bulb onion;
- olive oil;
To fill the following ingredients will go:
- 200 ml of very fatty milk or fat cream no more than 30-33%;
- two chicken eggs;
- 130 g of hard cheese;
- at will, fragrant greens or nutmeg in small quantities.
- The first step is to prepare the test. It is necessary to combine the soft (but not melted) butter with the egg, add cold water, and then add the flour and knead the mass with the hands. When the mixture is sufficiently homogeneous and dense, wrap it in food film and send it to the refrigerator for half an hour.
- The second step is the filling of our Laurent cake. You can boil the fillets or fry them first in oil, then stew them under the lid until soft and ready.Next, the chicken is finely cut. Onions are shredded after peeling, mushrooms are cut. Then these two products are roasted in a frying pan until soft (if you boil the fillets, add it). Almost at the very end is added and divided into broccoli florets. Soil everything.
- The third step is pouring. Beat eggs with cream, add cheese grated on a fine grater, chopped herbs and salt.
- The fourth step is the formation of the Lorraine pie. Grease the form with butter or line baking paper. On the bottom and sides distribute the dough, forming rim. Put the stuffing on the base and pour the fill on top.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, send the cake to it for 40 minutes.
- Done, you can serve Kish Loren to the table.
This is another version of Laurent pie, which true gourmets and fish lovers will certainly appreciate. And you will be able to make such an exquisite dish with your own hands.
For the test it is necessary:
- 130 grams of cold butter;
- 280 g of flour;
- large egg or two small;
- a pinch of salt;
- one or two articles l. sour cream.
The filling in this version will be:
- 350 g of fillet or steak of fresh salmon (if not found, suitable canned fish, but high-quality) will do;
- 150 grams of any hard cheese;
- 100 g of spinach;
Fill consists of:
- glasses of cream (10-15% fat) or milk;
- two eggs;
- paprika or ground pepper;
Description of preparation:
- Make chopped dough. To do this, cut the cold butter, combine it with sifted flour, salt, sour cream and egg, chop the mass with a knife. Another option is to use a blender, putting all the ingredients in its bowl. Next, form a ball out of dough and cool it for half an hour.
- Make a dough layer and distribute it in shape, making quite high bumps. The bottom of the container or promazhite with butter, or cover with parchment (it can also be lightly soaked with oil).
- Wash and cut the salmon fillet, rub the cheese on a grater. Also grind any way spinach (after washing).
- Place crushed salmon with spinach and cheese on the dough base, salt it evenly.
- Fill by combining and whipping cream (milk) with egg, salt and paprika. Pour this mixture evenly over the filling.
- The oven warms up to 180 degrees. The cake will be baked for about 40 minutes and as a result will redden and become covered with a beautiful crust. After a short cooling it can be cut and offered to households and guests.
Lorraine cake is quite unusual and very tasty. Choose one of the recipes and be sure to try to cook on it an exquisite Kish lauren!
How to pump up a side press
How to get electricity
What to cook red currant
How to divide a loan in a divorce
A couple from Sweden outside the box solved the problem of cold in their home