HEALTHY NO-BAKE ENERGY BITES | 3 Ways | Chocolate Chip | Blueberry | Birthday Cake | The Edgy Veg
Make These Healthy Vanilla-Chocolate Raw Energy Bars to Fuel Your Week Ahead
Fanny the Foodie
So, guys, as you all know, life’s better with food, so much better. Uni’s better with food—with food that gives you energy, cause all the listening can be somewhat exhausting. Can’t it? So what else could one ask for than chocolate-vanilla energy bars?
Vanilla-Chocolate Raw Vegan Energy Bars
½ vanilla bean
8 fresh dried dates, pitted
3 tbsp cashew butter
1 tbsp water (optional, my cashew butter was very dry, if yours is super liquidy you might want to omit the water)
½ cup oats
½ cup shredded coconut
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cacao powder
10 pecans, chopped
Fanny the Foodie
- Scrape out the seeds of the vanilla bean, add the vanilla bean seeds, dates, cashew butter, water, oats, coconut, and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients have come together to a cookie-dough-like mixture.
- Remove half of the mixture from the food processor and add the cacao to the remaining half, process until well combined.
- Roll the two dough balls into even-sized squares that are both 1-cm thick. Make sure to place them on baking paper and place a piece of plastic wrap in between your rolling pin and your mixture to prevent it from sticking.
- Place the vanilla square on top of the chocolate square and sprinkle the cashews on top.
- To make all the layers stick together, roll your rolling pin over top until you reach 1.5-cm thickness.
- Cut into equally sized bars and store in the fridge or freezer. I like to store mine in the freezer, as I personally really love the slight crunch they get that way; however, if you like your energy bars on the softer side, just store them in the fridge.
Video: Deliciously Ella - Cacao & Almond Energy Balls
I Ran My First Marathon After 55
Damir Doma FallWinter 2019RTW – MFW
Jane Fonda Still Thinks That Megyn Kelly Interview Was the Most Awkward
How to Choose a Good Budgie
7 Fatty Snacks That Will Help You Lose Weight
The Silicon Valley 100: From A to Z
How to Join the Peace Corps
Celeb Guide: How To Rock Burgundy Lipstick
The Dolce Gabbana Boys Are Headed To The BigScreen
How to Paint a Watercolor Cat in a Window with a View
Monique Lhuillier Is Adding Stationery to Her Bridal Repertoire
How to Make Blender Muffins
33 Styling Tricks to Steal from the FallRunways