Rules for washing things for a newborn child
If you are preparing for the appearance of the baby, then surely you have a lot of questions. And one of the most relevant is the washing of children's clothes. Many rules, prohibitions and even signs will be associated with it. But how are things really in fact?
To boil or not?
The first questions that arise in most moms are related to boiling. Our grandmothers and even mothers boiled children's things. At that time, in almost every house in which a newborn had recently appeared, several times a week, a basin or bucket could be found on the stove with baby clothes, sliders and other children's things. But is this procedure really necessary?
In fact, boiling is fully justified, because at high temperatures many pathogenic and pathogenic microorganisms that have fallen on the baby’s clothes die. But modern detergents (including children) contain components that effectively cope with bacteria and without boiling.And yet in some cases it will be useful.
For example, obkakannye things can boil, especially if you wash them with soap, which can not cope with all the microorganisms that can be found in the stool.
Starch or not?
Is it worth starchy children's things? Definitely not! And there are several reasons for this. First, starched things become very stiff, which can irritate and damage the baby's skin. Secondly, they do not miss the air, which will lead to the appearance of prickly heat in crumbs.
Hand wash or machine wash?
Many believe that handwashing is most preferred. Previously, of course, only she was available, there were simply no other options. But modern mothers can wash baby clothes in the washing machine. Is it possible to do this? Of course, you can and even need!
- Firstly, it will noticeably make the life of young parents easier and will allow to save time significantly.
- Secondly, with the machine wash, all contaminants will be removed, which is sometimes very problematic with hand washing.
- And, thirdly, this device will provide the most thorough rinsing and spinning, and this is also very convenient.
What to use for washing?
How can you wash things for a newborn baby? Some old-fashioned use soap. Yes, it is perfectly safe, but it does not always allow to eliminate all pollution. But if things are not soiled, then this option will do.
Laundry can be used and powder. But to buy it is necessary to approach extremely responsibly, since it depends not only on the purity of things, but also on the health of the newborn. But which powder to choose? In order not to be mistaken, pay attention to several important points:
- Use only powders designed specifically for children, and from the very birth. A note about this should be on the package of the product.
- Examine the composition. It should contain as few synthetic additives and aggressive substances as possible, such as fragrances, fragrances, parabens, surfactants, and so on.
- It is advisable to choose a hypoallergenic powder.
- On the package there should be a note that the product has passed the certification of household chemicals for children.
- Buy powders only in proven large stores.
- Pay attention to shelf life.
- The product must not have any odor.
A separate topic is the removal of stains. To get rid of them, stain removers or bleaches are not exactly worth it, because they contain a lot of synthetic aggressive additives that can harm the newborn. But suitable folk remedies, such as soda, hydrogen peroxide or citric acid. They remove dirt and are harmless to kids.
A few rules, compliance with which will make washing not only effective, but also harmless and safe for the baby:
- All baby clothes must be thoroughly rinsed to completely remove even the smallest particles of powder or soap. If you use a washing machine, the clothes should go through two or three rinsing cycles. If you wash by hand, then it is advisable to rinse things four or five times and in the most careful manner.
- Baby clothes should be washed separately from adults. And the reason for that is not the risk of staining. The fact is that on the clothes of adults, there are much more microbes, and in the water they may well move to the things of the baby, which is unacceptable.
- The temperature must be such that all pathogens die. The ideal option - 70-90 degrees.Selecting this mode in the washing machine, you almost replace the boil.
- If the thing is stained in only one place, do not wash it, even if the spot is very small. Wash it thoroughly. Why do you need it? The particles and microbes that are not removed during the washing process can live in the tissues and penetrate the fibers, and also start multiplying in them. A full wash will prevent this.
- If the clothes have particles of food, stomach contents of crumbs or especially feces, they should be removed before washing with a full washing, washed with hot water and soap.
- Do not use rinses or conditioners.
Ironing and drying
All things must be ironed, and this procedure is necessary not only to give an attractive appearance and remove wrinkles, but also to kill bacteria. And while the newborn has not healed umbilical wound, clothes should be ironed from both sides: from the front and from the purl.
To dry clothes should be hanging it on the dryer and straightening well.
Signs associated with the washing and drying of children's clothes
There are a variety of signs and beliefs associated with the care of newborns.And some of them are for washing and drying. The most famous are two superstitions:
- You can not wash things in the water in which they bathed the baby. It is believed that the child’s energy is partially transferred to the water, and if you wash things in it, it will be wasted or even “stained” because of the dirt on the clothes. But there is a simpler and more logical explanation. During bathing, the baby can pee or poke, so that in the water there may well be imperceptible particles of feces or urine. That is, washing in such a liquid will be at least unhygienic.
- You can not leave children's clothes dry on the street, otherwise they can settle on an extraneous negative energy. There is another reason. It is believed that in the past there were a lot of witches and sorcerers in the villages, and they could easily spoil the kid through his clothes left by his parents in the yard. But you can find a more logical explanation. Drying in the street is extremely unhygienic, and at times dangerous, since in the open space there are many more microorganisms that can get on things, and then into the newborn's body.
If you take care of your baby, do his laundry right!
Margot Robbie is waiting for the firstborn
How to bake a rabbit in the oven - 6 step-by-step recipes
Lamp from the Book Opened Book
Painting the car. Moscow
What is good for the stomach
What is humanism