Mirror Glaze White Chocolate Mousse Cake Master Course : The Result
This DIY Mirror Glaze Cake Is Ridiculously Fun to Make
If you love watching videos of cakes getting enrobed with a thick, shiny layer of glaze, we're here to tell you that it's even more fun to DIY. If you can melt a few simple ingredients together in a pan, you can do this easily at home. Oh, and one tip: Things can get a little messy, so just line your baking sheet with foil to catch all the extra glaze, this way you'll have easy cleanup.
- Plain white cake frosted with buttercream (frozen for at least 3-4 hours)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar (.91,)
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (,)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (.49,)
- 4 shades of gel food coloring (.82,amazon.com)
- Large rimmed baking sheet (.88,)
1. Add sugar, sweetened condensed milk and water to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally.
2. Mix powdered gelatin and water together in a small bowl. Let gelatin bloom for a few minutes.
3. When the sugar, sweetened condensed milk and water start to simmer, remove from heat and stir in the gelatin until it dissolves.
4. Add in chocolate chips and whisk until the chocolate completely melts.
5. Strain glaze through a fine-mesh sieve into large bowl, let cool for 10 minutes.
6. Divide glaze into four small bowls and stir in gel food coloring until well mixed.
7. Pour half of one color of the glaze into a large bowl and follow with half of all the other colors until you have four circles of glaze layered inside the bowl. Repeat with remaining glaze.
8. Set a frozen buttercream cake on top of an upside-down bowl placed inside a rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips. Pour glaze over cake.
9. Let the glazed cake set for 10 minutes, then use a spatula to remove drips from the bottom edge.
10. Allow the entire cake to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
Video: Five Beautiful Ways To Decorate Cake
10-Minute Body Weight Circuit for Butt Thighs
Stopping the Signs of Aging Skin
The Best 10 Bags To Carry Your School Stuff In That Aren’t Backpacks
11Must-Read Stories for People Who Don’t Believe inLove
Healthcare dealmaking hits record fueled by Cigna, Takeda
How to Write a Scholarship Essay on Leadership
How to Treat Acne with Apple Cider Vinegar
How to Airsoft on a Low Budget
How to Make a Star of David from Popsicle Sticks
15 Alcoholic Drinks for Summertime Parties
How to Sleep Better with Exercise