Top 10 most difficult languages in the world
Want to learn any foreign language? Immediately it should be said that it is not as easy as it may seem at first glance. But there are languages whose study can become so complex and lengthy that you decide to finish everything halfway through. And which languages are the most difficult?
The most difficult languages
So, what is the most difficult language in the world? We offer to know 10 of those:
- Incredibly complex Arabic. There are a lot of complicated sounds that can hardly be pronounced from the first or even the second time. Vowels are not written. If in the languages of European countries there are words similar in pronunciation or spelling, then you will not see those in Arabic. All words are difficult to pronounce, and some letters have several variants of pronunciation (it will depend on the location of the letter in the word). The verb comes not after the predicate, but in front of it, it is also put in front of additional words. There are a total of three verb numbers: plural, singular and dual. Arabic has incredibly many dialects, which differ significantly from each other.In addition, nouns have two kinds and three cases, and the present time - as many as 13 forms! Try to figure it out.
- Russian is considered to be difficult. Firstly, pronunciation can cause difficulties. In many languages, stress is always placed on a certain syllable, in Russian it can be in any place and often determines the meaning of a word. Secondly, the same word can have different meanings. Thirdly, our language is so rich and diverse that it surprises many foreigners. Well, we must not forget about the different times, cases, numbers, declensions and numerous punctuation marks (punctuation is also very difficult).
- The top 10 includes Chinese, which seems difficult for almost everyone who does not know it. Hieroglyphs are very ancient, and if you make the slightest mistake in writing (for example, skip or make a curved line), then the meaning of a word can change a lot. Each hieroglyph is a separate word, and sometimes a whole sentence. And, seeing all these squiggles, you will have no idea what the correct pronunciation should be. In addition, there are various homophones and tones that can also change the meaning of sentences, words and phrases.
- The Japanese language is also complicated.If you learn to read in such a language, this does not mean that you will speak it. There are three different writing systems. In addition, two syllabary alphabets are used, which differ from each other. One is for particles and suffixes, the other is for words. There are an incredible number of hieroglyphs, the student must learn about 10-15 thousand! By the way, the study of Japanese in schools and universities usually allocate 2-3 times more time than the development of others.
- The list includes Hungarian. It is difficult because it contains as many as 35 five cases (forms of nouns). In addition, there are all sorts of suffixes, expressive idioms. There are an incredible number of consonants, and most of them are pronounced in their throats, which seems difficult for most students. In general, Hungarian has a difficult pronunciation, so even having learned it, it is clear you will not be able to speak clearly. And if you constantly do not speak such a language (and with Hungarians), then the skills will quickly be lost.
- Polish. There are many difficulties here. First, the grammar is complex and incomprehensible. This is the language that has fewer rules than exceptions to them, and remembering all these exceptions is not so easy.The alphabet has only 32 letters, but the sounds are much more, since each of the letters has several options and ways to pronounce. Sometimes even just reading the written word is incredibly difficult. There are only seven cases, but in order to learn and understand them, it is necessary first to understand the basics of a colloquial Polish speech, and then to master the letter. And even if the word seems familiar and dear to you, its meaning may be completely different and unexpected.
- The Basque language is very complex, spoken by some residents of France, as well as the peoples of the northern regions of Spain. In such a language, as many as 24 cases, it is quite difficult and problematic to memorize and learn them. For the formation of new words, prefixes and suffixes are used, and case endings are used for the connection between words. This will change not only the ending of the verb, but also its initial part. There are also many inclinations, among them there are complex, for example, potential. The system of additions is also complex, and all of them belong to the verb and are part of it.
- Continuing rating no less complex language tuyuka. Speak on it a few, it is common in the eastern regions of the Amazon.There are not so many sounds and letters here, but here words, phrases and sentences are very complex. So, one word can mean a whole sentence, and a complicated one. And one more difficulty that is not easy to understand and understand for those who are not familiar with the language: with the help of special verb endings, you can not only describe your action, but also explain it, make it clear where the speaker knows about it.
- Navajo is the language of Indians living in Arizona and some other states in the southwestern United States. About 200,000 people speak it, and there are no dictionaries, so you can only rely on the knowledge of the speakers of this language. There are only four vowels, but there are four tones of their pronunciation. Consonants have very intricate and difficult pronunciation, incomprehensible to many Europeans. There are no numbers and inclinations of nouns, but the verbs are complex and have many forms. Such a language was used in World War II as a ciphering system. Nobody could understand the words.
- Icelandic is one of the most ancient languages and is very complex because of this. Some of the words used to this day are so old that they are not found anywhere else. The pronunciation is incredibly complex and has several fundamental points.To learn this language thoroughly, there will not be enough textbooks and books, you need to regularly communicate with the speakers or listen to audio tapes with spoken language. And proper names deserve special attention. So, one of the volcanoes is called Eyjafjallajökull. Have you broken your tongue yet?
Now you know which language learning is most difficult to master. But any difficulties can be overcome, so develop and learn foreign languages!
How to guess
How to cook sturgeon
Gwyneth Paltrow bragged figure in a bikini
A glass is how much a universal table of volumes and weights. Useful sign for home cooking
Why during menstruation can not have sex