What are useful poppy berries?
If you follow the trends of healthy eating, you probably already heard about the miracle berries of poppies. But even if you do not know anything about them, the information from the article will be useful in any case, because such a product has unique properties and can be used for different purposes.
What is this berry?
The berries of poppies, which are the fruits of the Aristotelian Chilean shrub plant, began to be sold relatively recently, are rapidly gaining popularity and in 2018 claim to be one of the trends of healthy and proper nutrition. They are compared with the more well-known acai berries, but differ from the latter.
Chilean Aristotelium is found in the wild and actively fructifies in the southern areas of Chile, Patagonia and some parts of Argentina. The berries are round, have a smooth surface, painted in black and red. They are edible, but the taste is quite sour, so the food in its pure original form is used infrequently.
It is believed that since ancient times, the Chilean Indians, belonging to the Mapuche tribe, have been actively using poppies. Probably that is why they had the stamina, strength and excellent health.And this tribe is the only, not submerged immigrants. Today, the fruits of Chilean Aristotle are added to wine in the homeland to give it a rich rich shade, and are also used to obtain therapeutic liqueurs used in folk medicine in feverish conditions.
The composition of berries poppies includes a lot of active substances that determine the benefit of the product. These are vitamins C, A and B, iron, polyphenols, flavonoids, anthocyanins, calcium, magnesium, fiber, potassium.
Consider the beneficial properties of poppies:
- Poppy berries accelerate the processes of fat burning, normalize energy consumption and accelerate metabolism. Such effects will help to reduce weight and maintain it.
- Fruits have powerful antioxidant properties, which modern people are extremely needed. The fight against free radicals will slow down the aging of tissues and stop their oxidation, prevent the degeneration and mutation of cells. Thus, the antioxidants that are part of it give youth and protect against cancer.
- The product replenishes the energy reserves, gives the energy necessary for the smooth functioning of all internal organs. Using berries regularly, you will feel more cheerful and better.
- Ascorbic acid is a well-known immunity helper, which strengthens natural defenses, increases body resistance and helps to ward off attacks of colds and other diseases.
- The same vitamin C is useful for blood vessels, as it reduces the permeability of their walls, helps to strengthen and prevents stretching. This protects from an insidious and dangerous disease - atherosclerosis.
- Macs reduce the amount of “bad” cholesterol that forms plaque and clog the blood vessels.
- Based on the fruit of Aristotle, Chileans still produce antiplatelet and antipyretic agents that help with increased fever, chills and fever.
- The regenerating properties that accelerate the healing of burns, wounds, ulcers are noticed.
- Iron improves the blood composition, increases the level of hemoglobin and provides a full and timely transportation of oxygen, that is, its delivery to all tissues of the body.
- It is believed that poppy berries are good for the heart and normalize the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- The product has a pronounced restorative effect, helping to recover faster and recover from intense loads.
- Studies have confirmed that the fruits of Chilean Aristotelia help to avoid jumps in blood glucose levels, preventing its absorption, which is useful in diabetes mellitus.
- Fiber improves the work of the digestive system, helps to remove toxins and toxins from the digestive tract, gently relieves constipation.
- Calcium, which is also present in the composition, will help strengthen the bones, increase their density and reduce fragility, minimizing the risks of osteoporosis.
- Anti-inflammatory properties are noted.
- Vitamin A improves the condition of the mucous membranes and skin.
- Berries have antimicrobial effects, especially in the digestive tract. It helps protect against intestinal infections.
- Poppies are also useful for sight, keeping it sharp.
Who should not be used?
Any products have contraindications, and poppy berries are not recommended for individuals with individual hypersensitivity to this product. It is necessary to exercise caution in exacerbation of gastritis or ulcers (when eating fresh fruit).
It is important to know! Exotic fruits considered ways to cause allergic reactions.
Features of use
It is extremely difficult to buy fresh berries, but if you are in warm countries and find poppies in local stores or markets, then try adding them to porridge, juices, cocktails, purified or mineral water, dairy products, smoothies, fruit salads. A day will be enough a couple of tablespoons.
You can buy poppy berries in powder form, the use of which also allows the introduction of drinks or dishes. Add a teaspoonful of powdered product.
Maki berries are not only a new trend of healthy nutrition, but also a truly useful and noteworthy product. Try to use it regularly and evaluate the effect on yourself.
How to apply shellac
Tips for Catering
How to treat cervical erosion
Problem solving process
How to grow and cook shiitake
How to plant garlic at home