What does browser mean?
Every day we use one or another browser. As a rule, every Internet user on a computer has several browsers, at least two of them. But at the same time, few people think about what the browser means. More precisely, we have a certain general idea about them, but we do not know the exact definition, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of those or other browsers. Each of them we consider for ease of use and speed, and in the end choose one or more, for permanent use. So, in more detail we will open the very concept of “browser” - this is a program that allows you to browse the Internet. And it acts as follows: first, the browser sends a request from the information server, after which it interprets it and displays the web page on the screen of the user's computer. All this happens in seconds, so we do not notice how much work the browser does.
The first questions about what an Internet browser is, appeared at the beginning of the appearance of the Internet itself.And browsers at that time were only in text versions, that is, without any pictures, in fact, like tabs, ads and everything else that they are now full of. To date, they are not only a great variety for computers, but also managed to appear mobile versions that work not only on smartphones, but also on ordinary cell phones.
And at the moment, the browser is a very important application, as it is a kind of intermediary in the interaction of the user and the world wide web.
Which browser to choose
We will consider only the most popular browsers that exist at the moment, noting their advantages and disadvantages:
Internet Explorer (IE)
- Installation takes place automatically with the Windows system, so it does not need to be searched on the Internet, downloaded and installed separately.
- IE poorly supports HTML and CSS specification.
- Sites are displayed differently than other browsers.
- Works slowly
Note that today there are constant updates of this browser, and manufacturers are trying in every way to improve it with various add-ons.
- Safe to use
- Works fast
- Easy to configure and install
It is also worth noting that this browser appeared in 2008, and has already become the most popular among users. There is nothing superfluous in it, and it has no flaws. It is also ideal for those who use the social network Vkontakte.
- Easy to install and configure
- Works fast
- It has many extensions
- It has a huge number of settings and options.
- Works fast
- Safety in use
- It is difficult for a beginner to understand all his possibilities.
- There is a specially designed for Windows
- Has its own style
- Works fast
- It was originally developed for Mac OS X, so there may be difficulties in installation and settings.
Which browser is the fastest
This question has no clear, specific answer. After all, each user's operating system has its own peculiarities, so you will have to choose, having independently tried at least a few of the browsers presented, highlighting the most convenient one for you.
There are some judgments about who to trust when choosing this or that browser, which we consider in detail:
- Trust browser makers.Not a good idea, because the manufacturer will argue that it is his browser that works best. At the same time it will also provide all sorts of facts, tables and diagrams confirming this. But is it really, everyone will know only with direct use, because only you can determine for what you need a browser on your computer and, accordingly, with this, what functions and speed it should have.
- Trust the tests. It assumes a comparison of all browsers, given their capabilities. But this is a meaningless exercise, because constant updates are made to versions of a particular browser and add-ons that may affect the operation of a particular browser. In addition, the same browser can work at different speeds on different computers, taking into account the hardware and software. Thus, we cannot trust any tests, because they do not take into account the updates.
- Trust the opinions of other users. This method involves consideration of various polls about browsers. But the results do not speak about which one works better, they speak about the popularity of this or that browser.As it is usually vote for the one that is used and possibly at the same time, without trying others for comparison. By the way, many of the voting users often have a vague knowledge of what browsers are. And again, we recall that the features of ensuring the computer itself plays a significant role and directly affects the operation of the browser.
Where is the browser
This question is most often asked by newcomers to working with browsers. This happens when, for some reason, they delete the shortcut from the desktop or it can happen quite accidentally if other unnecessary files are deleted. And then, to turn on the browser, you need to install the same shortcut again, for this you need information about where such a program usually installs.
Browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera are usually installed by default in the Program Files folder. Therefore, the path to them will look like this:
- Your system disk: \ Program Files \ your browser name \.
If we talk about a specific browser, then so: "C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox \ firefox.exe". Also note that “firefox.exe” is a executable file, that is, it is with its help that the browser can be launched.If these are other browsers, then they have corresponding files, for example, “iexplore.exe” or “opera. exe. "
As for the Google Chrome browser, it can be difficult, since it is usually stored not in the Program Files folder. Therefore, the path to it will look like this:
- "C: \ Users \ your account \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ Application \ chrome.exe".
Now you know all the information about what a web browser is and you will have no difficulty choosing one browser or the other, but we recall that it is best to check the work of all for several days on your own, taking into account the above circumstances.
Is it possible to love two
How to make yeast cakes
How the names appeared
How to clean the bath at home
What is the joke
How to cook Beyliz