What is astronomy?
Not once, raising our eyes to the starry sky, we asked ourselves the question: what is there? The stars beckon to them with their mystery and the eternal question of being. But there is a science that studies this heavenly beauty. And this science is called astronomy.
What is astronomy? Astronomy is the science of the Universe, which studies cosmic bodies, their origin, as well as the structure and properties, development and movement, the formation of whole cosmic systems from them. Space bodies are stars, meteorites, planets and other components of galactic space.
Science astronomy is based on observation. If physicists, chemists have the opportunity to conduct experiments in their work, then astronomers are deprived of this opportunity. Electromagnetic radiation gives them information about cosmic bodies, and only recently they began to study them directly, studying the soil of Mars and the Moon, probing their atmospheres. In astronomy, widely used methods of mathematics and physics. These sciences are closely tied to each other. At the same time, the results of astronomy in their work are used by geologists, biologists, historians and geographers.
In modern astronomy, there are several sections into which science is conventionally divided. They are closely related. Sections of astronomy, which are the most important:
- the first is astrometry, which is used to measure time and space;
- the second, theoretical astronomy, studies the methods by which the orbits of celestial bodies are determined, as well as their position in orbit;
- the third is celestial mechanics, it is studying the laws according to which celestial bodies move, which, in turn, depend on the forces of the world-wide, calculates the form and mass of cosmic bodies;
These three sections are often given the name of classical astronomy.
- the fourth is astrophysics, it examines the composition of objects, their composition from a chemical point of view and its physical properties;
- the fifth is stellar astronomy, it studies the motion of stars and their spatial distribution in the stellar system, taking into account the physical features of interstellar matter;
- sixth - cosmogony, the origin of celestial bodies, as well as their evolution, including the planet Earth;
- the seventh is cosmology; it conducts research on the structure and development of the Universe, studies its general laws.
What is the science of astronomy
When we talk about astronomy, as a science, the first thing I want to ask is: what is astronomy studying? In short, we can say the laws of the stars and the heavenly bodies. But this science already has deep roots, and therefore the field of its activity is much wider. Exploring the planets, the sun, stars and other types of bodies in space, astronomy reveals to us the mysteries of the universe, its structure and development.
Science astronomy has three tasks:
- to study the position and movement of bodies in space in space, calculate their shape and size;
- to investigate the structure of bodies from the physical point of view, as well as their chemical composition and physical conditions;
- determining the future of individual space objects.
The first of these is solved by the first three sections of astronomy, the second by the fourth and fifth, and the third by the sixth and seventh sections. The first task to solve is by observation, which is very long in time and originates from ancient times. They are based on the laws of mechanics, which are already known for about three hundred years. Therefore, we have a lot of data, especially about those bodies that are close to our planet.
Much less is known about the physical state of celestial bodies.About a hundred years ago, only the first data on these issues were obtained, and the most basic of them - only in recent years.
What is astronomy for
This is a logical question for anyone interested in this science. Science is moving forward, new technologies are being introduced to provide humanity with energy. Or maybe once we will be able to scoop it from space? After all, the consumption of various kinds of energy is becoming more and more. Satellites that are launched into space, with each launch become more advanced. Scientists are trying to use them to explore a new field in astronomy, which for themselves will bring new discoveries that will serve him for good. The consolidation of new instruments for research allows astronomy to develop at a rapid pace and move technical progress.
And one more answer, for which astronomy is needed. With time, science becomes more and more complicated. Scientists are conducting research, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell about these achievements. To understand what the whole salt of this or that achievement, you need to understand in this area or adjacent to it. In astronomy, you can show everything clearly, paint it so that it captures the spirit. Therefore, much attention from the public is paid to astronomers.And in order to educate the future scientist, he needs to be involved in science since childhood. This is where astronomy comes to the rescue with its illustrative examples.
In astronomy, a lot is not open, here everyone who loves the starry sky will find something interesting for themselves. Perhaps those who will live after us will make friends with aliens from other galaxies. Perhaps they will be invited guests on Earth, and earthlings - from them? The future will answer this.
Selena Gomez starred in a very scary horror
What is cellulose
Where is the carburetor
What is love
Prince Harry will not give Megan Markle family heirloom engagement