What to cook red currant?
Watch the video
Since ancient times, red currant is considered a berry of health. Drinks and dishes made from this berry help to increase appetite and saturate the body with vitamins. What to cook red currant - you will learn from our article.
Cooking red currant
The most common thing that is made of currants is the preservation of berries for the winter, cooking compotes and jelly. Recipes can be found in our following articles - How to cook red currants and How to cook red and black currant compote.
To learn how to make a delicious natural wine from red currant berries, read the article - How to make red currant wine.
In addition to desserts and drinks, red currant goes well with meat, chicken or fish. Currant berries make deliciously delicious pastries.
Next, we will offer you a few recipes that you can safely add to your piggy bank of culinary ideas.
Red Currant Stew
- 500 gr.pork
- 2 cups of berries
- 150 ml. water
- st. spoon of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Under a stream of cool water, we wash a piece of meat, cut off the excess fat and veins.
- Mode meat into portions.
- Fry the meat in sunflower oil until golden brown.
- We wash the berries and mnemy with the help of tolkushki (it is possible together with the branches, they also contain useful substances).
- Strain the juice of the berries through a sieve (compote can be made from the pulp of the berries by adding apples and dried fruits).
- Currant juice is added to the pan with meat.
- Salt, pepper to taste, add sugar and water.
- Simmer the meat on low heat under the lid for 30-40 minutes. Stir and pour water periodically.
- When serving, decorate the meat with whole currant berries.
Red currant skyachchata (Italian pie)
- 200 gr. cream cheese
- h. spoon vanilla sugar
- st. spoon of powdered sugar
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp. spoons of cream (fat content 35%)
- 250 gr. red currant
- st. spoon of powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp dry yeast
- 6 tbsp. spoons of warm fortified wine
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp. spoons of olive oil
- 150 ml. warm water
- Yeast and sugar pour water and mix. Leave for 15 minutes to release the foam.
- Add wine to the yeast.
- Sifted flour slough on the table, in the middle we make a hollow.
- Pour the mixture of yeast and wine into the well and add olive oil.
- We salt.
- Knead the dough.
- We shift the dough into a deep bowl with a lid and leave in a warm place for an hour.
- We pass the dough and leave for another half an hour.
Preparing the filling:
- Separate the zest of fruit and squeeze the juice.
- Beat the cheese with a mixer, gradually adding zest and juice, vanilla sugar, cream and powdered sugar.
After the dough and the filling are ready:
- Sprinkle the table with flour and roll out the dough on it in the form of a circle.
- Lubricate the round shape with oil and shift the dough.
- Distribute the creamy filling on top.
- Cover with foil and leave in a warm place for half an hour (the dough should rise).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Washed currant berries lay out a thick layer on top of the creamy filling.
- We bake half an hour.
- Sprinkle ready-made cakes with icing sugar on the edges.
- Serve cold or hot.
How to swear
How to call an angel
How to become president
How to sew jeans
What is a logo
How to delete all SMS
How to revive the doll