Why do we need choline?
The human body is a complex mechanism. And in order to work fully, he needs a sufficient amount of vitality and energy, which can be obtained with food. It is no secret that they contain vitamins, trace elements and other useful substances. Today we will discuss one of them - choline, better known as vitamin B4.
Rare, but very necessary
Translated from the Greek "choline" - means "bile." It is from this substance that an important for the body vitamin was first isolated in the 19th century. And in 1930 its significance was confirmed by numerous experiments.
What is vitamin B4? This substance, which is one of the main "building materials" of the body. It is part of the lecithin, without which, in turn, cells can not work. Therefore, it is simply impossible to downplay his role.
The substance itself is a hygroscopic crystals, which are destroyed during heat treatment. And here are the useful properties they possess:
- strengthen the cell membranes, thereby making them more durable, and protecting against destruction;
- have a nootropic effect - stimulate mental activity, improve concentration and memory, and also prevent damage to nerve cells;
- reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, thereby providing an anti-sclerotic effect;
- these are excellent hepatoprotectors accelerating the process of repairing damaged liver cells;
- take part in the biosynthesis of sex hormones, thereby affecting the reproductive function (increase the activity of sperm, in adulthood are the prevention of diseases of the prostate gland);
- being one of the main “building materials” of the brain, they affect mental abilities (which is why they are useful for pregnant women and children from birth to 5 years).
Where to get?
The daily need for choline is 1-4 g, but during stressful situations and intense mental work it needs twice as much. Part of this component is synthesized independently in the organs, but this amount is not enough to ensure the normal functioning of the body.
That is why for normal well-being, doctors advise to look for foodsources of choline. What products does it contain the most?
- Brewer's yeast;
- dried fruits - dried apricots and raisins;
- peanuts and pumpkin seeds;
- unrefined oil;
- Some vegetables: spinach, carrots, cabbage, tomato.
Some studies confirm that a sufficient amount of choline can even slow down the aging of cells. A deficiency may be accompanied by symptoms such as:
- persistent disorders in the consumption of fatty foods;
- problems with sleep;
- nervous breakdowns;
- noise in ears;
- problems with growth in children.
Harm can bring only excess B4. In this case, there may be side effects such as a sharp decrease in blood pressure, nausea, frustration, increased sweating.
The right combination
It should be borne in mind that the necessary effect of B4 has only if it works in tandem with other substances. For example, lecithin. Together they help to normalize the process of metabolism of fats in the liver, preventing hepatosis.
Choline also works great in combination with retinol, tocopherol, and vitamins D and K.
But the effectiveness of such an essential substance is reduced by taking antibacterial drugs, steroid hormones and alcohol.
Choline is truly an important substance. Its incredible effect on the human brain has not been fully studied, but even those studies that have already been carried out prove its incredible benefits. In fact, B4 is the very product with which you can solve the problem of sclerosis, while maintaining a firm and clear memory for life. To do this, it is important only to ensure a sufficient level of vitamin intake during pregnancy.
In addition to direct use, choline is also used as a food additive, emulsifier, for the preparation of fat-containing compounds - ice cream, mayonnaise, sauces and even chocolate. It is also added to pastries, cheese and sausages.
Such an additive has practically no contraindications (except for hypersensitivity to its components), and is allowed for use even in the production of baby food.
Vitamin B4, despite the numerous disputes of scientists, is nevertheless an incredibly important substance for the normal functioning of the internal organs and body systems, and must flow into it daily. Be healthy!
Simple felt flowers
Classic warm knitting sweater
Kourtney Kardashian has a new boyfriend - even younger (and cooler) than the previous one
How to decorate jeans
Joint purchases in Ufa