Why doesn't Wi-Fi work?
You seem to have connected everything, but the Wi-Fi network still does not want to connect to the Internet?
What could be the cause of this problem and how to fix it? This will be discussed in this article.
Possible problems and their solution
Just in case, let's start with the simplest: we check if there is Internet at all (maybe the provider has some problems and the connection is temporarily out). To do this, connect the cable directly to the laptop. If the connection is established, then everything is fine, the problem is not in it.
Antivirus and firewall
These programs, despite their utility, can create serious difficulties for users, blocking the launch of various utilities, applications, games, opening sites and so on.
So, as an option, try temporarily disabling the antivirus and / or firewall and look at the network reaction. If the Internet has earned, then it was really in these programs. If not, turn everything back on, since the source of the problem is something else.
Router or laptop?
To determine the source of the problem, connect the router to another device - a tablet, a stationary PC, a smartphone.If other gadgets get access to the Internet (sites are loading), then the problem is in the laptop itself. If the Wi-Fi network is recognized, but the actual connection is missing, then something is wrong with the network settings.
If the problem is in the laptop
First check if the wireless network connection is turned on. To do this, there is usually a special Wi-Fi button on the laptop. If the indicator is off, then click on the button and re-check the network connection.
You can also check the network settings - their incorrectness can also be the reason why Wi-Fi does not work. So, if there are any problems, then near the network icon (it looks like a row of sticks of different lengths) the yellow triangle icon is lit with an exclamation mark inside.
- Click the icon with the right mouse button and select "Network and Sharing Center" in the list.
- In the window that opens, on the left, find the line “Changing adapter parameters”. Follow this link.
- In the new window, select “Wireless Network Connection” by clicking on the icon with the right mouse button, and then click “Properties”.
- In the list that appears, look for “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)”.Click on it with the left mouse button, highlighting color. And then click on the “Properties” button located in the same window, but just below the list, on the right side.
- In the next window, you need to check the boxes next to "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically." Fix the settings by clicking the “OK” button.
After all the above manipulations, restart the laptop. If it was in the settings of the router, the network will work.
If the problem is in the router
Setting up this device, as a rule, requires the participation of a specialist, and therefore if you have not found other reasons for the lack of Wi-Fi on a laptop, then it is quite possible that the device itself is somehow set up wrong or it is faulty.
In this situation, it makes sense to contact the provider’s technical support center and ask for help.
Which MegaFon tariff is more profitable
How to compress RJ-45
How to make gravy
Congratulations on the Day of the Air Force 2016 in verse and prose, short, funny, beautiful. How to congratulate on the Day of the Air Force - original pictures and postcards
How to refuel HP 122
How to make a repost
How to draw on tablet
What is nona