Why do the bulbs burn out?
There are several main types of light bulbs for lamps. Each of them works on its own special system and has a number of pros and cons. In this case, all the bulbs sooner or later burn out.
About why this happens, we will discuss further.
We can say that this is a classic type of light bulbs, which for a very long time have not had serious competitors in the market.
Their power can vary from 15 to 300 W, and the form can acquire either more rounded or more sharp, oblong shapes. The main principle of incandescent lamps is that the electric current passes through a thin filament (usually made of tungsten), providing a characteristic glow in the glass cavity of the bulb. In order to exclude oxidation of the incandescent body with air, the cavity of the bulb is made either completely free of oxygen (vacuum flask) or filled with inert gases (for more powerful lamps), in particular, with krypton and argon.
Among the advantages of incandescent bulbs:
- ease of operation,
- familiar, nice looking light.
Among the cons:
- low light output
- high heat emission
- fragility (no more than 1 thousand hours, but it can be much less).
Among the reasons why incandescent bulbs quickly burn out, one can single out the low quality of such lamps, the instability of models to an increased voltage in the electrical network and its differences. Thus, increasing the voltage by only 1% can shorten the life of the incandescent lamp by as much as 14%. Overpriced indicators provoke overheating of the tungsten filament, the atoms of which at the same time begin to thin intensively. As a result, after a short time (usually during the next switching on of the luminaire, i.e. at the time of peak voltage supply to the heating element), the sweetheart will blow.
This type is an improved form of incandescent bulbs. The structure of the product also includes a tungsten filament, which now has heat-resistant properties, as well as a flask filled with an inert gas.
Due to the enhanced heating element capable of withstanding high temperatures, power, and accordingly, the light output of halogen bulbs is almost 100% higher than that of standard incandescent bulbs.
In addition, among the advantages of this type of lighting elements can be identified:
- Their compactness (thanks to which the lamps are built into pieces of furniture, suspended ceilings);
- Wide opportunities in the transmission of light and color (there are lamps that give more diffused light, there are spotlights, there are lamps that emit a beautiful tinted light);
- Greater durability (5-12 thousand hours of work).
However, there are also disadvantages:
- Lamps even more overheat, and therefore their use requires compliance with fire safety.
- Bulb bulbs are very sensitive - an awkward touch can cause it to break.
The main reason why halogen light bulbs often burn out is a voltage drop. That is why such products must be used through voltage regulators.
These lamps work on the basis of ultraviolet radiation of a gas discharge. The light produced by such products is pleasantly diffused.
Among the advantages of products:
- Good power, which varies from 8 to 80 W .;
- The luminous flux, which in comparison with the same incandescent bulbs is 7-8 times more;
- Big profitability of electricity consumption;
- Great durability (10-15 thousand hours).
As for the minuses, it is, in particular, the tendency of the lamps to flicker strongly in case of contact faults or some other technical reasons.
The reason for the reason why light bulbs of this type burn out is all the same voltage drops, as well as poor quality of the products, malfunction of the starting armature.
One of the best lighting elements, distinguished by environmental friendliness. The basis of the structure of these types of lamps is LED and power converter.
The advantages of products include:
- Low power consumption;
- High durability (from 30 to 50 thousand hours of work);
- With a similar light output, heat transfer from LED lamps is much less than that from incandescent lamps;
- Full safety due to the absence in the structure of hazardous substances and materials.
The most significant disadvantage of these models is their high cost. In addition, some scientists tend to negatively assess the effect of light emitted from LEDs on the retina of the human eye.
The reason why light bulbs burn out in the chandelier often becomes a breakdown of the transformer, which is responsible for lowering the voltage received by the lamp, since the LEDs are designed for a voltage of only 12 V.
In the summer I want to make all sorts of pickles for sale. What is the best dish to do and where to get it
Flower with two tiers
What make soap
Why thunder rumbles