Why is the temperature 37?
We have been taught since childhood that the normal temperature is 36.6 degrees. However, this indicator often rises to the level of 37 and even 37.5 degrees. Why is the temperature 37? Is it worth it in such cases to talk about the disease state of the body, or can such a temperature be considered the norm?
Consider these questions in more detail.
The reasons for the temperature increase to 37 degrees
The temperature can be divided into lower (less than 35.5-36 degrees), moderate (36-37 degrees) and increased. The latter is divided into febrile, that is feverish (more than 37.5-38 degrees) and subfebrile (from 37 to 37.5). An indicator of 37 degrees, as you can see, is not yet considered the critical point at which it is worth experiencing.
To stay at 37 degrees, the temperature can:
- In women during menopause.
- In newborns, due to the still poorly functioning system of thermoregulation of the body; a little older kids - during teething.
- In absolutely healthy people in the evening hours, simply because, starting from 16 hours, the body temperature rises slightly.In the morning, on the contrary, it drops.
- After active physical exertion, stress, due to staying in a stuffy dry room, in the sun, after consuming hot meals and drinks. In children, in addition, the temperature may rise after crying or crying.
- To be with pregnant women (both at the beginning of the term and during the entire pregnancy).
- In lactating women, this usually happens at times of milk rush.
- In women on the days of the menstrual cycle, following ovulation (from 14 to 25 days).
- If your thermometer "scribes." To eliminate this factor, take measurements on several measuring instruments.
That is why many doctors do not perceive the periodic increase in temperature (up to 37.5 degrees) as a cause for serious concern.
When do I need to see a doctor?
Of course, the cause of increased temperature can be a disease. So, the following diseases can cause a temperature of 37:
- non-infectious inflammatory diseases (for example, rheumatoid arthritis);
- the state of the body after surgery;
- severe allergic reactions;
- oncological formations;
- defeat by parasites (for example, worms);
- response to certain medications / treatments (for example, vaccination);
- pathologies of the heart and blood vessels;
- chronic diseases of internal organs, nervous system.
Since most diseases are manifested not only in fever, but also in other symptoms, be sure to pay attention to:
- the presence of pain, breaking in the body, cramps;
- reddening of the skin, itching and burning, inflammation of the mucous membrane;
- nausea and vomiting;
- lethargy and powerlessness;
- dizziness, etc.
If there is not only an increase in temperature, but also a deterioration of health, the appearance of any of these or other symptoms, then you should definitely consult a doctor. Also pay attention to the time when the temperature reaches 37 degrees. If this happens in the morning or just in the morning, then you should also visit a doctor.
The first thing you should be prescribed is basic blood and urine tests, possibly also feces. In the future, if necessary, the specialist will refer you to other examinations, write out the treatment.
If we are talking about a child, then it is necessary to consult a doctor without the onset of the accompanying symptoms.All the processes in the not yet strengthened body proceed very quickly, and therefore it is better to pass a couple of tests once more than to miss the development of the disease in the baby. The same applies to the elderly, as well as those adults who do not have good health, immunity, have chronic diseases.
When to churn the temperature?
Doctors do not recommend churning temperature earlier than it reaches 38-38.5 degrees. It is believed that up to this point the body should be given the opportunity to independently deal with the problem that caused the temperature rise.
However, in this rule there may be exceptions (for example, a rise in temperature in late pregnancy, people with heart, nervous system diseases, and severe fever). But in these cases it is necessary to wait for the moment when the thermometer will show at least 37.5.
How to collect a bike
Wedding gift box
Answers Kota Cheshire
Crochet openwork mitts
How to quickly cure a cold in a child
How to choose a dog
Where to hide the cheat sheet